Sr. React Native Engineer
New York, NY
Eight is the first sleep fitness company. Eight leverages innovation, technology and personal biometrics to restore individuals to their peak energy levels each morning. Backed by leading Silicon Valley investors including Khosla Ventures and Y Combinator, it was named by Fast Company in 2018 as one of the Most Innovative Companies in Consumer Electronics.
Eight is looking for a Sr. React Native Engineer with experience in both iOS and Android app development. This person will work directly with our lead mobile engineer.
- Work on-site at our office in Manhattan, New York City.
- Be authorized to work in the U.S. without visa sponsorship
- One of the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, IT or related technical field, or
- Self-taught with solid portfolio of apps in both the App Store & Google Play
- 4+ years of mobile app development experience with a proficiency in Swift, Objective-C, Java for Android and Typescript. React or React Native experience is a strongly needed.
- Strong knowledge of both Apple HIG and Android UI design principles, patterns and best practices.
- Experience integrating with multiple 3rd party APIs.
- 1+ years in a lead capacity with direct reports and/or mentorship with junior engineers
- Experience working with continuous integration.
- Exposure to any of the following: AWS, NodeJS.
At Eight we design products at the forefront of sleep innovation. We believe that better sleep is the next step to betterment. Our mission is to make people’s sleep count for more, using innovative technology, detailed design, and proven science and data to personalize and improve each night for everybody—changing the way people sleep for ever and for better.