Product Marketing Manager
New York, NY
Eight Sleep is the first sleep fitness company. At Eight Sleep we design products at the forefront of sleep innovation. Our mission is to power human potential through better sleep, using innovative technology, detailed design, and proven science and data to personalize and improve each night for everybody—changing the way people sleep forever and for better. Backed by leading Silicon Valley investors including Khosla Ventures and Y Combinator, it was named by Fast Company in 2018 as one of the Most Innovative Companies in Consumer Electronics.
We've just launched our temperature-regulated smart bed, the Pod. It's an absolute game changer, improving people's health and happiness by changing the way they sleep. Early feedback is great, but we still have a long way to go toward achieving our mission.
That's why are looking for someone that can straddle both Product Marketing and CRM thinking to help us create relationships with new members and drive long term, frequent engagement with Eight Sleep and the Pod. This role sits within a newly forming Digital Product and Services team, owning the member engagement and communication strategy, with a mission to improve members sleep and prove it to them. You’re a great fit if you obsessed with creating value for members and have a passion for health and wellness, specifically, sleep. Read on if, on any given day, you would be excited to do things like manage member communications, drive engagement strategy and partner with product on the future of the experience.
How you'll contribute:
- Lifecycle Management and Ownership Own and refine multi-channel (email, Push SMS) marketing strategies for customer lifecycle, onboarding, growth and retention programs.
- Customer Engagement and Retention Strategy Proactive development of strategies and initiatives to drive increased engagement and value creation. This marketer will play a major role in helping people get better sleep and prove it to them.
- Data and Personalization Stewardship Partner with BI and Product in creating strategies and tactics to create a rich and personalized member experiences in concert with the native mobile experience.
- Measurement, Analytics + Reporting Foster disciplined testing approach and effective campaign measurement methodology with customer communications.
- Technical Ownership and Partnership Partner with product and engineering on specific database, event management and drive communications and analysis based tech integrations.
- Messaging + Creative Management and Stakeholder Manage end to end creation, execution and creative/subject line analysis of all campaigns. Accountable party for driving from creative brief to end product with partnership from Brand team and execution from internal Creative Group.
What you'll need to succeed:
- Minimum 3-5+ years experience in Product Marketing, specifically within direct to consumer ecommerce category
- Email, Push, SMS and In App Message deployment and management experience
- Experience with tools such as Braze, Branch.IO, Mixpanel and beyond
- Passion for customer experience, product and retention marketing
- Ability to formulate vision and focus teams on measured goals
- Familiarity with HTML and CSS
- High degree of organization, results-driven nature, with exceptional attention to detail and great end-to-end program management
- Ability to collaborate cross functionally between multiple teams and stakeholders
- Intrinsic motivation and demonstrated record of thriving in a fast-paced environment
Bonus points for:
- SQL experience to manage data tables and create relational data tables to drive personalization
- Experience in a DTC subscription based native mobile business
Why you'll love Eight Sleep:
- We’re a tight-knit, passionate team that’s working to improve people’s lives
- Leadership is committed to employees’ wellness and career development
- You’ll get a better night sleep every night; all full-time employees receive the Pod
- Flexible, generous PTO
- 100% employer contribution for medical/dental/vision insurance
- Discounted gym memberships, commuter benefits
- Weekly team happy hours and lunches
- Office snacks
At Eight Sleep we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our values by ensuring everyone feels they can flourish and grow. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.