Machine Learning Engineer
New York, NY
Eight is the first sleep fitness company. Eight leverages innovation, technology and personal biometrics to restore individuals to their peak energy levels each morning. Backed by leading Silicon Valley investors including Khosla Ventures and Y Combinator, it was named by Fast Company in 2018 as one of the Most Innovative Companies in Consumer Electronics.
We are looking for a Machine Learning Engineer with industry experience working on a range of classification problems at scale. If you are excited in applying your machine learning skills to seamlessly monitor heart issues, sleep apnea, fever, strokes and stress while optimizing bedroom environments for better sleep, this is the job for you.
The ideal candidate has 2-5 years of machine learning engineering experience working on large scale systems.
- Write machine learning applications using a range of techniques for a diverse set of problems
- Generally contribute to improving the health and value of our machine learning ecosystem through finding and building best in class model pipelines and infrastructure
- Ability to code in Python, and pick up other languages as needed
- Join a small, excellent team solving hard problems the right way
- Ship iterative machine learning solutions frequently, own meaningful parts of our service, have an impact, and grow with the company
- Hold a BS, MS, or PhD in computer science or a related field (or equivalent work experience)
- Have at least two years of experience building production systems that use machine learning at scale
- Understand experimental design and can build for collection, measurement, and interpretation of results
- Advanced Python proficiency
- Have experience optimizing the performance, reliability, and scalability of systems
- Obsess over finding simple approaches to complex problems
- Are enthusiastic about working on a multi-disciplinary team and willing to venture out of your comfort zone and learn new things
- Experience with software engineering best practices (e.g. unit testing, code reviews, design documentation)
- You want to work in a fast, high growth startup environment with lots of independence and responsibility
- Experience with Keras and Tensorflow
- Experience with signal processing
- Participation in open source software community/communities
At Eight we design products at the forefront of sleep innovation. We believe that better sleep is the next step to betterment. Our mission is to make people’s sleep count for more, using innovative technology, detailed design, and proven science and data to personalize and improve each night for everybody—changing the way people sleep for ever and for better.