New York /Senior Consultant in Strategy & Data Science Consultancy
Eki.New York – Senior Consultant
Full Time Contract
Created in 2006, Ekimetrics is a global consultancy, pioneer & leader in Data Science.
With 280 Data Scientists, all consultants, worldwide (Paris, London, NY, HK and Dubai), we lead projects in 50+ countries, in various industries (automotive, luxury, FMCG, retail, etc.).
Our mission is to help companies build new world-class data and analytics capabilities, which enables our clients to power-up their revenue strategy (MMM, Customer Analytics, Brand tracking...) or business model (data lake implementation, Data strategy, Data transformation...) thanks to data.
Our difference lies in an integrated approach to performance, and in the primary focus on solving for our clients' true strategic questions - which we believe is at the heart of transforming data into new business assets.
- 12 years experience in Data Science
- +200 consultants, all are also data scientists
- 5 offices in Paris, London, New York, Hong Kong & Dubai
- +350 clients (CAC40 & Fortune500)
- +1Bn profit generated for our clients since our creation
As a senior consultant, you will be leading challenging projects with international blue-chip clients across diverse industries, building bespoke analytics solutions to answer the key questions, and consulting on the findings, including high-profile presentations to senior executives. You will be working in teams of 3 to 6 consultants, on 2 to 3 projects simultaneously.
The primary focus of the senior consultant’s work will be to drive high client value, broaden relationships at the most senior levels with actual and prospective clients, and translate this into new business opportunities for Ekimetrics.
The senior consultant will be leading projects from the first discovery meetings all the way to final recommendations, responsible for gathering and analyzing data, building statistical models, translating quantitative insights into strategic recommendations, and delivering the results as a persuasive story.
The successful candidate will also be expected to develop the more junior members of the team to do high impact work across core areas of the clients’ businesses.
Finally, the successful candidate will be expected to drive development initiatives and new thought-leadership, transfer knowledge to junior team members, and continue to build Ekimetrics reputation and brand in the US.
1. Team Management:
- Actively work with your team to identify actions to improve engagements
- Retain top performers and support the development of future Eki leaders
- Provide visible sponsorship to recruiting, retaining, & engaging diverse talent in your organization
2. Business Operator:
- Design and scope new projects, using the right analyses to answer client questions
- Deliver with excellence – ensure high client satisfaction and make sure that issues are raised and resolved in a timely manner with no surprises
- Ensure each client's business case is achievable and Ekimetrics has appropriate ability to influence promised outcomes
- Present actionable and easy-to-understand findings to drive high levels of adoption within client organizations
- Drive client retention and new business opportunities
3. Ekimetrics Life
o Help lead our fast growth by contributing to local and global initiatives such as Thought-Leadership, Knowledge Management, Recruitment, Culture, Gender Balance and Diversity teams, Pioneering Machine Learning/AI techniques for the office, etc.
The successful candidate will have a balance of marketing/business strategy understanding, client-facing consulting experience, and significant data and analytics expertise. The work will be rooted in the creation of innovative analytic engagements for clients.
- A Ph.D. or Master's degree in a quantitative discipline such as statistics, applied mathematics, computer science, operations research or business (MBA) from a leading academic institution is preferred
- 3+ years of experience in Data Analysis / Modeling / Advanced Analytics in a business setting, preferably in a client-facing consulting-oriented role
- Passion for data, extensive knowledge of statistics or applied mathematics, experience using advanced analytical methodologies to answer business questions
- Experience with statistical software such as SPSS, R, Stata, Python, etc.
- Strong knowledge of marketing and media strategy, and the key questions for the modern CMO
- Excellent communication skills – especially translating complex technical findings into plain language insights and stories for stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to develop new and lasting client relationships at senior levels across multiple industries
- Team oriented and collaborative working style, both with clients and within Ekimetrics
- Management experience and demonstrated ability to develop talent and build a high performing team
- Project management and delivery expertise
- Passion for joining a small team and desire to help the business grow quickly
- Spanish-speaking is a plus
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation package, including medical, dental, and vision, in a management consultancy business
- An emphasis on work-life-balance and generous PTO
- Dynamic environment with a strong culture and great offices
- Close-knit team with friendly environment, bi-monthly team events and more
- Creative and entrepreneurial start-up environment with vertical mobility
- Best-in-class methodologies and cutting-edge technologies
- Unique training package with 70+ sessions
- Growth to develop a double profile in data science and strategic consulting
- Client exposure up to the executive level
- Opportunities for international mobility
Position Type: Permanent
Ekimetrics is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or other legally protected categories, subject to applicable law.