New York/ Internship in Strategy & Data Science Consultancy
Eki.New York – Internship
Created in 2006, Ekimetrics is a global consultancy, pioneer & leader in data science.
Data science consultants lead projects in 50+ countries in various industries (automotive, luxury, FMCG, retail, etc.).
Our mission is to help companies build new world-class data and analytics capabilities, which enables our clients to power-up their revenue strategy or business model.
Our difference lies in an integrated approach to performance and the desire to reaffirm the value of understanding business lines. Ekimetrics puts this at the heart of transforming data into new business assets.
12 years experience in data science
200+ data scientists, all are also consultants
5 offices in Paris, London, New York, Hong Kong & Dubai
350+ clients (CAC40, Fortune500)
€1B+ profit generated for our clients since our creation
As an intern, you will work alongside Eki consultants on challenging projects with international blue-chip clients across diverse industries during the program.
As both a data scientist and consultant, you will use and develop advanced data analytics and consulting skills on your projects.
From day one, you will join a team of three to six consultants and collaborate on client and R&D projects simultaneously.
From discovery meetings to final recommendations, responsibilities include:
- gathering and analyzing data,
- building statistical models,
- translating quantitative insights into strategic recommendations, and delivering the final results.
The projects will push you to create innovative approaches as an owner of your projects.
You’ll present your results directly to C-suite clients and business executives.
Our close-knit team will guide your growth to build expertise on best-practice methodologies and industry knowledge, working directly with Ekimetrics partners. Each member of our team takes a vested interest in the development of your technical skills and business acumen.
Our team members continuously learn and grow through 70+ proprietary training sessions and collaboration with colleagues as coaches and mentors.
Finally, the opportunity to work for a growing, international pioneer in data science, will empower you to have an immediate impact by contributing to our passionate team.
1. Data Analysis and Model Construction
- Utilize advanced statistical techniques and best data practices to help the team progress through project work
- Develop a logical story combining data and industry knowledge to share actionable insights that will drive our clients' businesses
2. Strategic Partnerships with Clients
- Liaise with clients to develop a deep understanding of their business context and experience
- Deliver findings and battle plans with excellence and confidence
- Provide ad-hoc analyses that further develop projects and client relationships by parameterizing the business questions
3. Ekimetrics Research and Development
- Support our fast growth by contributing to the development of new methodologies and offers
We are looking for a talented, dual-profile consultant.
1. Data Skills
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree (or equivalent) in Statistics, Economics, Engineering or a related analytical field. Outstanding record of academic achievement.
- 0-2 years of experience in Data Analysis / Modeling / Advanced Analytics
- Passion for data, extensive knowledge in statistics or applied mathematics
- Experience using advanced analytical methodologies to answer questions
- Experience with statistical software such as SPSS, R, Stata, Python is preferred
2. Consulting Skills
- Consulting experience or interest in working as a consultant
- Strong interest in marketing & business issues
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team setting
- Self-driven and motivated to thrive in a fast-pace environment
- Continuously striving for high performance
- Good sense of humor!
3. Additional Requirements:
- Intern must be a student, currently enrolled in an accredited college or university
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
- Must be able to work on-site in New York, NY
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation package in a management consultancy business
- An emphasis on work-life-balance
- Dynamic environment with a strong culture and great offices
- Close-knit team with friendly environment, bi-monthly team events and more
- Creative and entrepreneurial start-up environment with vertical mobility
- Best-in-class methodologies and cutting edge technologies
- Unique training package with 70+ sessions
- Growth to develop a double profile in data science and strategic consulting
- Client exposure up to the executive level
- Opportunities for international mobility
Ekimetrics is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or other legally protected categories, subject to applicable law.