Hong Kong / Lead Data Engineer
Eki.Hong Kong – Manager
Full Time Contract
Created in 2006, Ekimetrics is a global consultancy, pioneer & leader in Data Science
With +280 Data Scientists, all consultants, worldwide (Paris, London, NY, Hong Kong and Dubai), we lead projects in 50+ countries, in various industries (automotive, luxury, FMCG, retail, etc.).
Our mission is to help companies build new world-class data and analytics capabilities, which enables our clients to power-up their revenue strategy or business model thanks to data.
Our difference lies in an integrated approach to performance, and in the desire to reaffirm the value of understanding the business lines, which we believe is at the heart of transforming data into new business assets.
· 13 years of experience in Data Science
· +300 consultants, all are also data scientists
· 5 offices in Paris, London, New York, Hong Kong & Dubai
· +350 clients (CAC40 & Fortune500)
· +1Bn profit generated for our clients since our creation
The DOT (Data and Operations Team) is the team within Ekimetrics that works on data architectures, data engineering and industrialization of data science projects.
The team is comprised of 20 people in Ekimetrics Paris office and, as the team grows, we are looking for a Lead Data Engineer in Ekimetrics Hong Kong office.
As Lead Data Engineer, you will be leading challenging projects with international blue-chip clients across diverse industries, building bespoke analytics solutions to answer the key questions and consulting on the findings, including high-profile presentations to senior clients. You will be working in teams, comprising Data Science Consultants and other Data Engineers, on 2 to 3 projects simultaneously.
· The primary focus of the Lead Data Engineer will be to work on the industrialization dimension of data projects, from advisory to project management, with customers interactions ranging from technical teams to CIOs. He/she will drive high client value and broaden relationships at the most senior levels with current and prospective clients and translate this into new business opportunities for Ekimetrics.
· The Lead Data Engineer will drive projects from the initialization meetings all the way to final recommendations, responsible for analysing business requirements, translating into strategic architecture and organizational recommendations and implementing projects within the set architecture and governance.
· The successful candidate will develop skills of more junior team members, for them to have stronger impact on work across core areas of the clients’ businesses.
· Finally, the successful candidate will support the business development initiatives and thought-leadership, transfer knowledge to junior team members, and continue to build Ekimetrics reputation and brand in Asia.
1. Data Architecture
· Work on assessments, strategy and architecture recommendations
· Participate in the definition of the projects and the roadmaps, identify actions to improve engagements
· Present actionable and easy-to-understand findings to drive high levels of adoption within client organizations
2. Team Management
· Work with the Paris DOT teams to share projects and practices,
· Contribute to the recruitment of Data Engineers to assemble the Hong Kong DOT team
· Manage the team as it will grow (with the help of vendors if necessary)
· Retain top performers and support the development of future Eki leaders
· Provide visible sponsorship to recruiting, retaining & engaging diverse talent in your organization
3. Business Management
· Design and scope new projects, using the right analyses to answer client questions
· Participate in pre-sales of DOT projects in Asia,
· Deliver with excellence – ensure high client satisfaction and make sure that issues are raised and resolved in a timely manner with no surprises
· Ensure client's business case is achievable and Ekimetrics has appropriate ability to influence promised outcomes
· Drive client retention and new business opportunities
4. Ekimetrics Life
· Help lead our fast growth by contributing to local and global initiatives such as Thought-Leadership, Knowledge Management, Recruitment, Culture, Gender Balance and Diversity teams, Data Engineering/Architecture techniques for the office, etc.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 8-10 years in data architecture, with expertise in both BI and Big Data architectures, either on-prem or in the Cloud. While working closely with the other members of the DOT, he/she will need to be autonomous enough to initiate the DOT team in the Hong Kong office.
The successful candidate will also have a balance of business strategy understanding, client-facing consulting experience, and significant data and analytics expertise. The work will be rooted in the creation of innovative analytic engagements for clients.
· A Ph.D. or Master's degree in a quantitative discipline such as computer science, statistics, applied mathematics from a leading academic institution is preferred
· 8+ years of experience in Data Analysis / Data Architectures / DWH / Data Lakes in a business setting, preferably in a client-facing consulting-oriented role
· Passion for data, extensive knowledge in statistics or applied mathematics, experience with techniques such as Machine Learning
· Expertise in key technologies related to Data Management:
o SQL, Spark, Python,
o Cloud platforms (Azure, GCP, AWS, etc.)
· Expertise in some aspects of Data Management and readiness to grow in the others:
o Data analytics architectures
o Data governance processes and platforms
o Data ingestion & transformation in data-warehouses or data-lakes
o Data visualization
· Excellent communication skills – especially translating complex technical findings into plain language insights and stories for stakeholders
· Demonstrated ability to develop new and lasting client relationships at senior levels across multiple industries
· Team oriented and collaborative working style, both with clients and within Ekimetrics
· Management experience and demonstrated ability to develop younger talent and build a high performing team.
· Project management and delivery expertise
· Passion for joining a small team and desire to help the business grow quickly
What we offer
· Competitive package for a Lead Data Engineer in a management consultancy business in Hong Kong
· Challenging and diverse missions with international blue-chip clients across Asia.
· Creative and entrepreneurial start-up environment with vertical mobility
· Unique training program
· Growth to develop a double profile in data science and strategic consulting
· Client exposure up to the executive level
· Opportunities for international mobility
Hong Kong (offices in Causeway Bay) with potential travels in Asia
Ekimetrics is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, colour, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or other legally protected categories, subject to applicable law