Senior Director of Software Development
Oakland, CA /
At Eko, we’re dedicated to providing healthcare professionals with industry leading digital tools to hear and understand their patients’ hearts and lungs. With our platform, clinicians can detect with higher accuracy, diagnose with more confidence, manage treatment effectively, and ultimately give their patients the best care possible.
With over $125M in funding from partners like 3M and the Mayo Clinic, Eko has become one of the fastest growing digital health companies, doubling our customer base in the last year to over 135,000 clinicians across 4,000 U.S. hospitals. We’ve built a tremendously talented, diverse, and mission driven team committed to investing in each other and our combined potential to ensure all patients have access to high quality care.
The Sr. Director of Software will grow and lead teams that build world class applications on multiple platforms for our clinician and patient users. This position reports to the CTO and works closely with our Executive Leadership, Product, Commercial and Clinical teams.
As Senior Director of Software at Eko, You Will:
- Lead multiple teams across iOS, android, windows and web software development, that are responsible for building the next generation of digital auscultation products.
- Coordinate work of on-shore and off-shore teams to maximize productivity and collaboration.
- Proactively partner with product and engineering teams to develop innovative and well-crafted software products that integrate seamlessly with clinician workflow.
- Ensure customers have exceptional experiences with our products and with Eko overall across our many platforms (iOS, android, web, device, API, etc.).
- Work closely with health systems to integrate our products and data into their workflow and electronic medical records.
- Take on the role of software architect, coordinating work across different platforms and teams. This will involve developing an in-depth understanding of our products and processes, and diving into the weeds when necessary.
- Uphold a high standard for software development and bring consistency to the codebases, infrastructure, and processes
- Be accountable for setting and monitoring KPIs for software development and communicating our software strategy & roadmap to Eko’s Executive team, board members, and other stakeholders
As Senior Director of Software at Eko, You Have:
- 10+ years of relevant software experience, leading software development teams in high-growth tech/healthcare environments
- Success building, leading, and developing high performing teams. Experience leading teams in a startup environment is a plus.
- Ability to engage in both high-level product strategy discussions and detailed discussions around product development and engineering
- Experience building products for B2C or B2B customers in Digital Health or MedTech; a passion for digital health and medical devices is critical
- Mobile app development expertise: including release management, observability, and performance. Fluency in modern web development and modern front end frameworks
- A strong attention to detail in crafting user-friendly software experiences
Benefits and Perks We Offer:
- Eko was recognized by “Great Place to Work” in 2020 and 2021
- Paid-time off
- Medical/Dental/Vision, Disability + Life Insurance
- One Medical membership
- Parental Leave
- 401k Matching
- Work from home equipment stipend
- Flexible schedules
- Wellness programs (Wellness Wednesdays, Time off)
- Wellness perks (Headspace, Ginger, Aaptiv, Physera)
- Learning and Development stipend
$200,000 - $240,000 a year
Eko is elevating the way clinicians detect and monitor cardiac and respiratory disease by bringing together advanced sensors, patient and provider software, and AI-powered analysis. Its FDA cleared platform is used by tens of thousands of clinicians treating millions of patients around the world, in-person, and through telehealth. The company is headquartered in Oakland, California and privately-held, with investments from ARTIS Ventures, NTT Venture Capital, DigiTx Ventures, Mayo Clinic, Sutter Health and others.
Eko is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We celebrate diversity and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive team.