Test Engineer, ADAS
Engineering – Vehicle Systems Engineering /
Harbinger Motors Inc. is a Los Angeles-based electric vehicle manufacturer on a mission to transform the automotive and transportation industries, bringing to market EVs developed from the ground up to address the needs of the Medium Duty vehicle industry. This broad, and to date poorly addressed, market segment includes class 4 to 7 commercial delivery vehicles, RVs and utility vehicles, among others. Leveraging a foundation of proprietary, in-house developed vehicle technologies, Harbinger's first-of-its-kind EV platform will bring enhancements in vehicle performance, durability and operator comfort. And importantly, Harbinger's vehicles will be priced for zero acquisition premium relative to traditional gas- and diesel-based competitors, removing one of the most tenacious barriers to EV adoption.
Harbinger's team, with operations in Southern California and Michigan, includes industry veterans with expertise in powertrain, battery, chassis and software development, along with leaders in advanced manufacturing, corporate development, operations and finance. Our team members come from leading innovators, both in and out of the automotive industry, including Tesla, Rivian, Canoo, Ford, Anduril, and SpaceX.
Founded in 2021, Harbinger is a venture-backed startup on a rapid growth trajectory, looking for candidates that thrive on tackling complex challenges and who share in our passion to bring clean transportation alternatives to a segment of the market starving for innovation.
Harbinger is currently seeking a passionate and highly motivated individual to join our ADAS team as our Test Engineer. We would require the candidate to own ADAS system level and vehicle level test plan, work on the “right side of the V” model while contributing to the dev team and contribute to MIL and SIL testing.
- Lead development of ADAS feature test plan.
- Lead on & off-site test trips, including management and support of technicians in test vehicle setup and test execution
- Work with external test labs and proving grounds to direct testing activities
- Design, fabricate, and modify test equipment and data acquisition systems to meet internal needs
- Analyze data collected during testing to determine if the vehicle meets federal and internal requirements, and make recommendations to the internal design teams based on findings
- Generate test reports to document results of testing and to communicate issues found
- Attach acquired test results to respective requirements in the requirement management tool such
- Keep the test vehicle fleet up to date
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Computer Science Engineering or equivalent higher education required
- 2 to 3 years of experience
- Experience with different communication protocols such as CAN, LIN, Automotive Ethernet
- Experience with vehicle level testing, development of test plans, DVPR
- Experience with Vector tools like CANape, CANalyzer
- Familiarity with MATLAB/ Simulink, C++, Python and handling bin files
- Experience with data logging and analysis, creation and documentation of test reports
- Familiarity with versioning tools like Git, Bitbucket etc.
- Experience with virtual vehicle simulator like IPG Carmaker is a plus
- Must be comfortable driving prototype vehicles in closed courses
- Familiarity ADAS exteroceptive sensors like camera, radars, sonars
- Experience with automotive electrical/electronic architectures, computers, vehicle networking and protocols
- Experience with MIL and SIL testing
A Harbinger of Good Things to Come...
- Collaborative work atmosphere that values multi-disciplinary thinking
- Work with other talented engineers and businesspeople who are driven to change the world for the better
- Extremely generous health care package
- Early-stage equity compensation
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Paid lunches
$100,000 - $180,000 a year
Harbinger is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Harbinger is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
Candidate Data Privacy
Harbinger may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Harbinger may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Harbinger may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our HR, legal, and finance teams, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Harbinger affiliates; and (iii) Harbinger’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Harbinger may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services. Any unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles submitted in response to our job posting shall be considered the property of Harbinger and are not subject to payment of referral or placement fees if any such candidate is later hired by Harbinger unless you have a signed written agreement in place with us which covers the applicable job posting.