Technical Project Manager
Engineering – Program Management /
Harbinger Motors Inc. is a Los Angeles-based electric vehicle manufacturer on a mission to transform the automotive and transportation industries, bringing to market EVs developed from the ground up to address the needs of the Medium Duty vehicle industry. This broad, and to date poorly addressed, market segment includes class 4 to 7 commercial delivery vehicles, RVs and utility vehicles, among others. Leveraging a foundation of proprietary, in-house developed vehicle technologies, Harbinger's first-of-its-kind EV platform will bring enhancements in vehicle performance, durability and operator comfort. And importantly, Harbinger's vehicles will be priced for zero acquisition premium relative to traditional gas- and diesel-based competitors, removing one of the most tenacious barriers to EV adoption.
Harbinger's team, with operations in Southern California and Michigan, includes industry veterans with expertise in powertrain, battery, chassis and software development, along with leaders in advanced manufacturing, corporate development, operations and finance. Our team members come from leading innovators, both in and out of the automotive industry, including Tesla, Rivian, Canoo, Ford, Anduril, and SpaceX.
Founded in 2021, Harbinger is a venture-backed startup on a rapid growth trajectory, looking for candidates that thrive on tackling complex challenges and who share in our passion to bring clean transportation alternatives to a segment of the market starving for innovation.
Harbinger Motors is looking for a Project Manager to join our growing team. The position will report to the Director of Engineering Program Management. The Project Manager will work closely with a cross functional team including Engineering, Supply Chain, Quality, and Manufacturing to ensure parts arrive on time and in accordance with the engineering requirements. Additionally, the PM will be responsible for ensuring the Bill of Materials is accurate and forecasting truthful information.
- Ensure project timelines, budget targets, and launch dates are upheld and aligned with the company vision
- Act as the liaison between the engineering department and the PMO team while communicating project status (accomplishments, concerns, next steps, action items, etc.)
- Participate in weekly supplier calls to stay informed of tooling and part status as well as help guide recovery plans should timing fall behind
- Collaborate with fellow project managers to accurately identify the critical path to launch
- Act as a BOM analyst to ensure the Bill of Materials captures the correct part number, revision, configuration, supplier details, piece price, and tooling
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in an engineering discipline
- Minimum of 3-5 years of work experience in Program Management in a technical sector (automotive is a plus)
- Proficient in Google Suite/Workspace: Google Docs, Sheets, Slides
- Experience working in SmartSheets (or MS Project)
- Experience working in Atlassian Jira
- Diverse skill set with ability to contribute on other activities outside of primary job responsibilities
- Startup experience is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to manage and complete projects from ideation to completion
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to convey complex ideas in a clear, concise manner
- Ability to work independently and manage ambiguity
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to travel for up to a week at least once a quarter
A Harbinger of Good Things to Come...
- Collaborative work atmosphere that values multi-disciplinary thinking
- Work with other talented engineers and businesspeople who are driven to change the world for the better
- Extremely generous health care package
- Early-stage equity compensation
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Paid lunches
$100,000 - $160,000 a year
Harbinger is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Harbinger is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
Candidate Data Privacy
Harbinger may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Harbinger may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Harbinger may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our HR, legal, and finance teams, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Harbinger affiliates; and (iii) Harbinger’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Harbinger may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services. Any unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles submitted in response to our job posting shall be considered the property of Harbinger and are not subject to payment of referral or placement fees if any such candidate is later hired by Harbinger unless you have a signed written agreement in place with us which covers the applicable job posting.