Research Fellow - Biosensors and Wearables
Clinical & Research
Contract - Remote
We're looking for a Research Fellow focusing on biosensors and wearables to join us full-time to scale the Elektra Labs core product, the Atlas.
The Atlas supports pharma, biotech and contract research organizations (CROs) deploying connected technologies to measure digital biomarkers in remote research (e.g., decentralized clinical trials) and clinical care. We developed Atlas after interviewing over 300 stakeholders in the software-enabled clinical trials ecosystem.
The Research Fellow will work with the Research Project Manager and with the engineering and product team. Responsibilities include conducting market research, reviewing peer-reviewed papers, ClinicalTrials.gov data, and regulatory filings to identify safe and effective connected technologies.
What you’ll do
- Update the sensor modalities for the connected hardware in the Atlas
- Review hardware specifications on manufacturers’ website and examples of how the tool is used in peer-reviewed research studies
- Gain experience characterizing a wide range of motion, environment and position sensors including accelerometers, altimeters, bioimpedance, electrocardiogram, continuous glucose monitors, photoplethysmography and more
- Work with a start-up backed by top venture capitalists
What you have
- Experience working with biosensors and wearables
- Technical degree, computer, mechanical or biomedical engineering (Masters, PhD or Post-Doc)
What success looks like
- Complete sensor updates on 600+ connected technologies
- Develop product expertise in digital medicine
- Join our team part or full-time for the next 2-3 months
- Flexible schedule, remote-OK
- Competitive pay (contract, project-based agreement)
Elektra Labs is a healthcare-security company building a pharmacy for connected technologies (e.g., wearables, biosensors). By 2023, an estimated 5 million individuals will be remotely monitored by healthcare providers. In the digital era of medicine, Elektra Labs is committed to advancing the safe, effective, and personalized adoption of connected technologies in real-world settings.
Diversity and inclusion is at the core of what we do. We actively welcome applicants from a wealth of different backgrounds (including but not limited to race, gender, educational background, and sexual orientation).
Elektra Labs is an equal opportunity employer.
Questions? Email email@example.com for more info.
Lastly, and most importantly, our values at Elektra Labs.