Senior Software Engineer
San Francisco, CA /
Engineering, Design, Product /
Full Time - Remote
We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join us full time to expand and improve our core Atlas platform. You will be joining a small, growing, seasoned team on the ground floor.
With more than 1000 connected health products on the market and little regulation in place, Elektra is building the platform to evaluate and dispense connected technologies remotely.
Since Elektra’s inception in 2017, the company’s mission, values and progress have garnered attention in several top publications, and funding from several prominent health, bioscience and tech investors as well as the National Science Foundation (NSF) and the Harvard Business School Rock Center for Entrepreneurship.
The Senior Software Engineer is responsible for writing, testing, and deploying code in a fast moving environment. You will be expected to take ownership of the product and bring features from inception to production.
Find out more about us and our engineering culture on KeyValues!
What you will do:
- Work closely with some of the largest companies in the industry to develop solutions that support their use of connected tools (30%)
- Develop tools that enable our knowledge team to produce the most comprehensive catalogue of connected tools available (10%)
- Work with fellow engineers to ensure scalable and consistent solutions across the entire stack (frontend + backend). This covers the entire development lifecycle from design, to development, through testing and deployment, and ultimately iteration in response to customer feedback. (60%)
What you have:
- A passion for high quality code
- A collaborative mindset. We often have several iterations on projects, so you should be open to feedback and improvements.
- Experience with React
- Experience with Node Backends (NestJS is a plus)
- 3+ years of experience in software development
- AWS is a plus
- U.S. Work Authorization for U.S.-based candidates
- Full overlap availability Monday - Friday from 11 AM - 3 PM ET (8 AM - 12 PM PT)
What's in it for you:
- Become a leader in the emerging digital medicine field
- Initiate and scale the core product of a rapidly growing startup, backed by top investors in the industry
- Save lives by reducing participant burden in clinical trials, improving the quality of evidence, and speeding the development and reducing the costs of new treatments for patients
Elektra Labs is advancing healthcare by enabling the safe, effective, and personalized use of connected products in real-life settings.
Technology has always moved faster than our ability to safeguard ourselves from its consequences. Connected health products are no exception. The increase in FDA clearances for these products has accelerated their adoption in clinical trials and routine care, but not without major concerns regarding data security, accuracy and biases.
Similar to pharmacies, which safely and effectively evaluate and dispense drug components, Elektra Labs offers free and paid services to better evaluate and dispense the >750 connected products on the market today for clinical trials and remote health monitoring.
Since Elektra’s inception in 2017, the company’s mission, values and progress have garnered attention in several top publications, and funding from several prominent health, bioscience and tech investors as well as the National Science Foundation and the Harvard Business School Rock Center for Entrepreneurship. Join our team (less than 10 people!) to be on the ground floor as we secure our nation’s healthcare system and make it easier to safely deploy the right technologies for the patients who need them the most.
Elektra Labs is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity and inclusion is at the core of what we do. We actively welcome applicants from a wealth of different backgrounds (including but not limited to race, gender, educational background, and sexual orientation).
We're proud supporters of WeHeartHackers.org.