Research Fellow - Legal, Ethical, and Ops
San Francisco, CA
Clinical & Research
Contract - Remote
We're looking for a Research Fellow focusing on Legal, Ethical, and Operations to join us full-time to scale the Elektra Labs core product, the Atlas.
The Atlas supports pharma, biotech and contract research organizations (CROs) deploying connected technologies to measure digital biomarkers in remote research (e.g., decentralized clinical trials) and clinical care. We developed Atlas after interviewing over 300 stakeholders in the software-enabled clinical trials ecosystem.
The Research Fellow (Legal, Ethical and Ops) will work with the Research Project Manager and with the engineering and product team. Responsibilities include conducting market research, reviewing privacy policies, end-user licence agreements (EULAs), responsible disclosure policies, and other related frameworks to identify safe and effective connected technologies.
The Research Fellow position is a contract role that's expected to be 5-10 hours/week. Preference for candidates who can work in-person with the team in either Philadelphia or San Francisco, though we will consider remote positions.
What you'll do
- Support research strategy and execution for developing the Atlas under supervision of the Research Project manager
- Review and ingest policy and legal-related evidence for connected technologies (e.g., Privacy Policies, TOS, EULAs, Responsible Disclosure Policies)
- Identify and prioritize customer research needs and feature requests
- Work with engineering team to bring product requirements and specifications to life
- Build relationships with team members by engaging on weekly calls
- Low ego and high EQ: no job should be too small for candidates
What you have
- A desire to improve patient access to safe and effective connected technologies
- Experience in reviewing and analyzing legal and policy-related research
- Comfortable moving quickly via rapid prototyping in an agile environment
- Ability to work full-time, autonomously and collaboratively in a small, dynamic team
- Enthusiasm for experimenting with multiple domains, from product to research to operations
- Motivated self-starter with time management and organizational skills
What success looks like
- Work with the Research Project Manager to prioritize research objectives that lead to 2-4 pharma companies integrating the Atlas and corresponding connected technologies into clinical trial protocols
- Support the research strategy roadmap for next 6-12 months, including plan for ingesting additional policy and legal frameworks and policies for connected technologies
- As available, work on academic and peer-reviewed manuscripts and op-eds based on Elektra Labs research
What's in it for you
- Shape the organizational culture of a mission-driven team in its earliest days
- Initiate and scale the core product of a rapidly growing startup, backed by top investors in the industry
- Develop research and product expertise in digital medicine
- Save lives by reducing participant burden in clinical trials, improving the quality of evidence, and speeding the development and reducing the costs of new treatments for patients
Elektra Labs is a healthcare-security company building a pharmacy for connected technologies (e.g., wearables, biosensors). By 2023, an estimated 5 million individuals will be remotely monitored by healthcare providers. In the digital era of medicine, Elektra Labs is committed to advancing the safe, effective, and personalized adoption of connected technologies in real-world settings.
Diversity and inclusion is at the core of what we do. We actively welcome applicants from a wealth of different backgrounds (including but not limited to race, gender, educational background, and sexual orientation).
Elektra Labs is an equal opportunity employer.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
Lastly, and most importantly, our values at Elektra Labs.