Research Assistant, Protein Biochemistry
San Diego, CA /
R&D – Protein Engineering/Biochemistry /
Element Biosciences is a multi-disciplinary startup focused on innovating genetic analysis tools for the research and clinical markets. The Company's technology will broaden the end user experience through improved data quality and simplified workflows to benefit discoveries and diagnosis in healthcare.
- Dedicate 12-20hrs/week to laboratory work
- Execute experiments related protein biochemistry as it relates to enzymology
- Skillful and careful in utilizing specialized equipment
- Be able to execute controlled experiments given a SOP to examine enzymatic properties
- Take detail-oriented laboratory notes on step-by-step procedures, processes and results accordingly.
- Perform basic analyses of experiments, processes, identify gaps and deficiencies.
- Present clear and concise written and oral communications to colleagues
- All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional tasks and responsibilities.
- Junior/Senior working towards a Bachelor’s Degree in Biological Science or related field with 2 years laboratory experience
- Biochemistry background is essential, such as experience in PCR, qPCR, DNA work (Thermocycler, Capillary Electrophoresis, Fluorescence Plate Reader) and working knowledge of DNA-interacting proteins, as well as basic dilution and reagent preparation.
We are passionate about our mission to develop high performing products to study genomics in an unprecedented flexibility and to understand biology for the improvement of healthcare. We have built a highly efficient product-driven organization where employees can learn, grow and thrive in a challenging but encouraging environment. We are committed to scientific integrity, collegiality, honesty, objectivity, and openness. We offer excellent benefits, which include a 401K plan, competitive health benefits, flexible vacation, and equity incentives.
We foster an environment such that all people are afforded the freedom to pursue their passions without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.