Director of IT
San Diego, CA
G&A – IT
Element Biosciences is a multi-disciplinary startup focused on innovating genetic analysis tools for the research and clinical markets. The Company's technology will broaden the end user experience through improved data quality and simplified workflows to benefit discoveries and diagnosis in healthcare.
Element is actively looking for an IT Director to take over the infrastructure oversight of all technical operations. We need a hands-on professional who enjoys setting up a robust, secure and scalable cloud-based informatics infrastructure to support our accelerated growth. You will be responsible for identifying and working with strategic partners to provide the best solutions possible. Over time, you will build out an internal IT administration organization. You will report directly to the VP of Software and Informatics.
- Work with relevant stakeholders to define and drive an IT Cloud strategy.
- Oversee the operation of on-premise systems, as necessary
- Coordinate and work with external IT support teams
- Identify security vulnerabilities and eliminate them with strategic solutions that increase data safety
- Direct and support implementation of software and hardware upgrades
- Identify and recommend new technology solutions
- Plan the build out of a fully internal IT organization
- Bachelor’s Degree in Programming, Computer Science or related field
- 6+ years’ management experience in an IT environment
- Experience with Cloud Security
- Experience with shell scripting
- Thorough knowledge of enterprise network infrastructures
- Knowledge of serverless and container technologies
- Knowledge of CICD processes
- Certification as Cloud Architect (AWS, Azure, or GCP) strongly preferred
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
We are passionate about our mission to develop high performing products to study genomics in an unprecedented flexibility and to understand biology for the improvement of healthcare. We have built a highly efficient product-driven organization where employees can learn, grow and thrive in a challenging but encouraging environment. We are committed to scientific integrity, collegiality, honesty, objectivity, and openness. We offer excellent benefits, which include a 401K plan, competitive health benefits, flexible vacation, and equity incentives.
We foster an environment such that all people are afforded the freedom to pursue their passions without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.