Associate Director, Engineering Integration
San Diego, CA
Engineering – Optical and Systems Engineering
Element Biosciences is a multi-disciplinary startup focused on innovating genetic analysis tools for the research and clinical markets. The Company's technology will broaden the end user experience through improved data quality and simplified workflows to benefit discoveries and diagnosis in healthcare.
- Build and lead a team of engineers focusing on integration and interfacing development team to other internal and cross department groups.
- Work closely with development groups to understand module and system level design targets, specifications, design history, engineering instructions, implementations, and processes.
- Lead a team to work closely with system integration to test, trouble shoot, maintain, and sustain development equipment and processes
- Work closely with operation team to manage build, calibration and transfer parts, initial prototypes, and processes
- Work across the organization to manage projects deliverables, milestones and timelines
- Minimum BS degree with 5 years or more of experience leading engineering integration work
- Minimum 5 years of experience managing a team
- Product development and manufacturing experience in life sciences and instrumentation related fields
- Experience with optics, mechanics, fluidics, electronics, software, metrology, automation
- Hands on, analytical, problem solver, self-starter
- Experience with multidisciplinary fields including biochemistry/chemistry/biology and/or bioengineering
- Data analysis skills such as Excel, JMP, Matlab, Python is a plus
We are passionate about our mission to develop high performing products to study genomics in an unprecedented flexibility and to understand biology for the improvement of healthcare. We have built a highly efficient product-driven organization where employees can learn, grow and thrive in a challenging but encouraging environment. We are committed to scientific integrity, collegiality, honesty, objectivity, and openness. We offer excellent benefits, which include a 401K plan, competitive health benefits, flexible vacation, and equity incentives.
We foster an environment such that all people are afforded the freedom to pursue their passions without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.