Director of Product Marketing
San Diego, CA
Marketing – Product Marketing
Element Biosciences is a multi-disciplinary startup focused on innovating genetic analysis tools for the research and clinical markets. The Company's technology will broaden the end user experience through improved data quality and simplified workflows to benefit discoveries and diagnosis in healthcare.
We are looking for a driven, passionate professional to oversee Element’s product management, product marketing and market development efforts. We look for flexible candidates eager to help grow an amazing company and launch an amazing product!
The Director of Product Marketing will lead the initiative to define and execute on Element’s first product plan, and to help develop a strategic vision essential for the business’ long-term growth.
- Product lifecycle management of a novel genetic analysis platform: Product business plans and forecasts, customer requirements and final platform specifications through working closely with cross-functional core teams, pricing strategy, and overall launch readiness
- Development and implementation of go-to-market plans and customer engagement strategy: Promotional campaigns, KOL engagement and rollout branding and messaging; lead publication, conference/event strategy; marketing collateral and sales/support training materials; helping to achieve financial objectives and support strategic partnerships
- Long-term strategic vision and product roadmap: Working closely with Head of Marketing to develop a comprehensive marketing strategy, and to grow the marketing team and function; roadmap and product lifecycle planning 3-5 years out; global marketing budget
- Other duties as assigned by Management
- Degree in life sciences or engineering required; advanced degree (e.g. Master’s, PhD) in life sciences or bioengineering desirable
- 8+ years of experience in marketing preferred; minimum 6 years of experience in biotechnology product management and/or marketing required
- Experience in commercializing genomics platforms (e.g. sequencing, microarrays, etc.) and a solid understanding of genomics technology and market required; past experience in biotech R&D or as a customer a plus
- Leadership/managerial experience in marketing and ability work effectively on cross-functional teams required
- Desire to work in a fast-paced company and a dynamic market
- Best-in-class written and verbal communication skills
- Flexibility to travel as typically expected for marketing function
We are passionate about our mission to develop high performing products to study genomics in an unprecedented flexibility and to understand biology for the improvement of healthcare. We have built a highly efficient product-driven organization where employees can learn, grow and thrive in a challenging but encouraging environment. We are committed to scientific integrity, collegiality, honesty, objectivity, and openness. We offer excellent benefits, which include a 401K plan, competitive health benefits, flexible vacation, and equity incentives.
We foster an environment such that all people are afforded the freedom to pursue their passions without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.