Senior/Staff Embedded Systems Engineer
San Diego, CA /
Engineering – Embedded Systems /
Element Biosciences is a multi-disciplinary startup focused on innovating genetic analysis tools for the research and clinical markets. The Company's technology will broaden the end user experience through improved data quality and simplified workflows to benefit discoveries and diagnosis in healthcare.
Actively participate in the development of a high-performance instrument control and data processing system. Undertake design tasks on embedded SW/HW, system feature validation and optimization. Expedite system performance evaluation, reliability improvements and new feature implementation.
- Work with SW/HW engineers to design and implement embedded system features including HW spec definition, FPGA design, and SW coding.
- Develop and maintain code for ARM microcontrollers.
- Conduct hardware validation and firmware debugging for custom board designs.
- Explore and evaluate optimization opportunities for system operations.
- Support system runtime debugging and issue fix.
- Create documentation with clear organization and consistency.
- Bachelor’s degree, major in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related. MS degree in same area is a plus.
- At least 3 years’ experience in Electrical Engineering / embedded system development with deep involvement.
- Understanding of usual communication protocols: UART, I2C, SPI, CAN etc.
- Good knowledge about electronic systems, their typical issues, and approaches to debug.
- Proficient in development with C language as well as corresponding debugging tools/methodology; Familiar with FPGA HDL design is a plus.
- Ability to read circuit schematic diagram, examine and evaluate electrical hardware components
- Motivated team worker with good logical thinking and efficient communication skills.
We are passionate about our mission to develop high performing products to study genomics in an unprecedented flexibility and to understand biology for the improvement of healthcare. We have built a highly efficient product-driven organization where employees can learn, grow and thrive in a challenging but encouraging environment. We are committed to scientific integrity, collegiality, honesty, objectivity, and openness. We offer excellent benefits, which include a 401K plan, competitive health benefits, flexible vacation, and equity incentives.
We foster an environment such that all people are afforded the freedom to pursue their passions without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.