Head of Integrated Biology (Site Lead)
San Francisco, CA /
R&D – Discovery /
Element Biosciences is a multi-disciplinary startup focused on innovating genetic analysis tools for the research and clinical markets. The Company's technology will broaden the end user experience through improved data quality and simplified workflows to benefit discoveries and diagnosis in healthcare.
- With our groundbreaking technologies in surface chemistry, biochemistry, imaging and data analysis, we are seeking a highly technical and driven leader that will pioneer and build the next frontier of integrating sequencing with the vast landscape of applications in the biological sciences.
- Through in depth understanding of our technologies, this individual will identify new opportunities to expand Element’s market potential. This leader will be expected to hire and build a world class team from the ground up.
- This role will require the establishment of partnerships with critical internal and external stakeholders to steer R&D roadmap decisions in the rapidly and changing markets that are relevant to Element’s technologies.
- PhD in one of the following disciplines bioengineering, chemical engineering, biophysics, genetics, or a related discipline required
- 7+ year career path of post graduate experience, which may include post-doctorate work in a related field, industrial technical experience, entrepreneurship, this person will have breadth of experience in biotechnology with strong technology acumen.
- Leveraging these experiences, you will be expected to head the advancement of Elements future applications and establish a presence in the Bay Area as the Site lead for Element Bay Area.
- You will be expected to initiate and build out the infrastructure of a new site to support the pioneering of using Element technology for applications in genomics and biology.
- Deep technical expertise/application knowledge in fields related to sequencing, applications relevant to sequencing, multiomics, drug discovery, cancer detection
We are passionate about our mission to develop high performing products to study genomics in an unprecedented flexibility and to understand biology for the improvement of healthcare. We have built a highly efficient product-driven organization where employees can learn, grow and thrive in a challenging but encouraging environment. We are committed to scientific integrity, collegiality, honesty, objectivity, and openness. We offer excellent benefits, which include a 401K plan, competitive health benefits, flexible vacation, and equity incentives.
We foster an environment such that all people are afforded the freedom to pursue their passions without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.