Sr./Staff Software Test Engineer
San Diego, CA /
Engineering – Software/Data Science /
Element Biosciences is a multi-disciplinary startup focused on innovating genetic analysis tools for the research and clinical markets. The Company's technology will broaden the end user experience through improved data quality and simplified workflows to benefit discoveries and diagnosis in healthcare.
Element is actively looking for an experienced Software Test Engineer to join the Software Product Design team. The Software Product Design team’s goal is to define, guide, and verify seamless end-user experiences. You will help design and test a complete sequencing solution with the necessary software interfaces to the chemistry, hardware, manufacturing and downstream analysis systems. You will be responsible for working with stakeholders across the organization to provide the best solutions possible.
- Work as part of a team to design, implement, integrate and test the software that enables the development and use of Element’s sequencing instrumentation
- Work with the software systems engineers and stakeholders to test hardware, biochemistry, instrument, cloud, and analysis interfaces and specifications
- Take ownership of learning and advocating for the end-user experience, working to identify pain points and influencing product design to address them
- Automate test cases as software and interfaces mature
- Perform manual test cases as needed, serving to test and confirm software and systems integration, as well as validating user needs and touchpoints
- Assist in troubleshooting problems during development and product sustaining
- Own and develop the software test plan, protocol, and reports
- Bachelor’s Degree in Programming, Computer Science or related field
- 3-8 years in the Life Science Industry with knowledge of DNA sequencing
- Experience with cloud SaaS development teams
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Be able to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Experience in participating in cross-organizational or inter-company collaboration
- Experience with manual and automated software testing
We are passionate about our mission to develop high performing products to study genomics in an unprecedented flexibility and to understand biology for the improvement of healthcare. We have built a highly efficient product-driven organization where employees can learn, grow and thrive in a challenging but encouraging environment. We are committed to scientific integrity, collegiality, honesty, objectivity, and openness. We offer excellent benefits, which include a 401K plan, competitive health benefits, flexible vacation, and equity incentives.
We foster an environment such that all people are afforded the freedom to pursue their passions without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.