Summer Internship in Biotechnology
San Diego, CA /
R&D – Assay Development /
Element Biosciences is a multi-disciplinary startup focused on innovating genetic analysis tools for the research and clinical markets. The Company's technology will broaden the end user experience through improved data quality and simplified workflows to benefit discoveries and diagnosis in healthcare.
Element Biosciences Summer Internship Program
We are looking for passionate and driven intern applicants to join us in our quest to impact human health and biology through a reimagined NGS platform. We seek top applicants for 10-12 week paid internship positions, where interns will be trained in scientific techniques and contribute to multidisciplinary research projects in the field of next generation sequencing. For the duration of the internship. interns will be paid by Element Biosciences, such that they are fully immersed and exposed to the fast-paced experience of an exciting start-up company.
- Acquire valuable, real-world research experience and training in a fast-paced start-up company.
- Work full-time and earn a competitive salary;
- Explore career options and define direction for graduate studies;
- Network in industry and engage with experts from many academic disciplines, protein engineering, engineering, data science, chemistry software, biochemistry.
- Work one-on-one with mentors and utilize advanced laboratory facilities;
- Develop new technical, communication, time management, and leadership skills.
- Current enrollment in a college/university educational program.
- Undergraduate enrolled in a relevant scientific program, e.g. chemistry or a related field biochemistry, pharmaceutical sciences required.
- Coursework in biology, chemistry, and classroom lab experience preferred.
- Highly motivated, creative, and able to maintain excellent documentation.
- Comfortable troubleshooting
- Well organized and good communicator.
- Good team player.
- Excellent analytical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Persistent and ambitious.
- Unrestricted authorization to work in the United States;
- Committed to full-time summer employment
- TRANSFER STUDENTS: Completion of at least one semester of coursework
- FOREIGN STUDENTS: F-1 or J-1 visa and completion of at least one academic year (two semesters or one semester and one summer session)
We are passionate about our mission to develop high performing products to study genomics in an unprecedented flexibility and to understand biology for the improvement of healthcare. We have built a highly efficient product-driven organization where employees can learn, grow and thrive in a challenging but encouraging environment. We are committed to scientific integrity, collegiality, honesty, objectivity, and openness. We offer excellent benefits, which include a 401K plan, competitive health benefits, flexible vacation, and equity incentives.
We foster an environment such that all people are afforded the freedom to pursue their passions without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.