San Diego, CA /
Engineering – Electrical /
Element Biosciences is a multi-disciplinary startup focused on innovating genetic analysis tools for the research and clinical markets. The Company's technology will broaden the end user experience through improved data quality and simplified workflows to benefit discoveries and diagnosis in healthcare.
Element Biosciences, Inc. (San Diego, CA)
Because of the increasing business opportunities, we are in demand of the professional service of a Staff Engineer. The position will perform the following duties:
· Work with system team to design component specs and requirements;
· Research, test and evaluate architecture and main components and make recommendations for use and integration;
· Architect, design, layout and integration of board, circuit and PCB;
· Generate schematics, layout and documentation including technical specifications and reports;
· Analyze subsystem performance and stability, propose and verify subsystem specifications and reports;
· Collaborate with software team on subsystem design and manufacture and to meet system performance target;
· Design, integrate and debug high throughput data transfer between cameras, main board and PC;
· Integrate and debug motor controller and other system components, e.g. sensors, thermal etc. with EE system;
· Guide development and documentation of test plan protocols, standard operating procedures, specifications and test procedures;
· Drive incorporation of technical advancements into manufacturing process of both existing and new products.
1. Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related;
2. Three-year experience in engineering;
3. Familiar with Linux and proficiency in C/C++ and Python;
4. Familiar with embedded system development and programming;
5. Knowledge of FPGA design and digital logic design;
6. Clear communication and ability to work with others.
We are passionate about our mission to develop high performing products to study genomics in an unprecedented flexibility and to understand biology for the improvement of healthcare. We have built a highly efficient product-driven organization where employees can learn, grow and thrive in a challenging but encouraging environment. We are committed to scientific integrity, collegiality, honesty, objectivity, and openness. We offer excellent benefits, which include a 401K plan, competitive health benefits, flexible vacation, and equity incentives.
We foster an environment such that all people are afforded the freedom to pursue their passions without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.