Associate Director, Talent Acquisition
San Diego, CA /
G&A – Human Resources /
Element Biosciences is a multi-disciplinary startup focused on innovating genetic analysis tools for the research and clinical markets. The Company's technology will broaden the end user experience through improved data quality and simplified workflows to benefit discoveries and diagnosis in healthcare.
Reporting to the Vice President, Human Capital Management, this position will manage a team to attract top talent across all functional areas at all levels to support ongoing growth and expansion needs for Element Biosciences. This is a high impact role requiring strong partnering skills with demonstrated ability, creativity, and experience managing and executing the Company’s talent acquisition strategy.
- Provide day-to-day leadership, people management and development oversight to the talent acquisition/recruiting team for which they have functional responsibility.
- Contact and stay in constant communication with leaders and hiring managers that they support.
- Lead the preparation and execution of innovative, cost-effective recruiting strategies and plan to meet the organization's strategic goals and talent objectives.
- Manage the end-to-end recruitment process, including sourcing, selection, due diligence and on-boarding for positions across the organization including executive, staff, R&D, engineering, operations and temporary employee positions.
- Proactively identify and recruit top talent through local and national recruiting efforts, employing traditional sourcing strategies and resources, as well as developing and employing new, creative recruiting ideas to meet the company’s talent acquisition needs.
- Ensure an EEO/AAP compliant selection process including reporting and internal education.
- Refine and manage consistent recruiting, interviewing, and hiring processes that ensure a highly positive candidate experience and recruiter/hiring manager efficiencies.
- Manage the employer brand throughout all talent acquisition programs and processes.
- Manage the Applicant Tracking System. Partner in the selection, lead the implementation and ensure data integrity on an on-going basis; regularly reports recruiting metrics.
- Source, develop, and implement hiring team training programs (e.g. - interviewing skills training) to support recruitment and hiring effectiveness.
- Prepare and update job descriptions.
- Partner with internal stakeholders to finalize all job offers.
- Ensure appropriate closure of all staffing requisitions, including candidate communication.
- Provides analysis and may develop programs to ensure an engaged workforce and to build organization bench strength.
- Provide project support for various talent management initiatives and ad hoc projects as needed, e.g. organization design, performance management, talent development.
- Employ analyses gathered from succession planning, talent management and other initiatives to recommend plans and programs to meet the company’s goals, as appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration/Human Resources or related.
- Minimum 10 years of progressive responsibility in staffing/recruitment with a minimum of 4 years’ experience managing corporate, full-cycle recruitment. An equivalent combination of relevant education and applicable job experience may be considered.
- Experience within a biotech, medical device, high tech environment preferred.
- Demonstrated experience/proficiency in the following:
- Strategic planning, including developing and implementing recruitment plans.
- Building and managing applicant tracking systems.
- Developing and implementing marketing/advertising campaigns designed to address comprehensive diverse sourcing strategies including social media, professional groups and other web-based avenues.
- Creating employee value propositions and/or employer branding.
- Implementing and working within OFCCP regulations.
- Managing outside employment agencies.
- Building effective relationships with all levels of an organization.
- Handling sensitive/confidential information.
- Complying with federal and state employment laws/regulations.
We are passionate about our mission to develop high performing products to study genomics in an unprecedented flexibility and to understand biology for the improvement of healthcare. We have built a highly efficient product-driven organization where employees can learn, grow and thrive in a challenging but encouraging environment. We are committed to scientific integrity, collegiality, honesty, objectivity, and openness. We offer excellent benefits, which include a 401K plan, competitive health benefits, flexible vacation, and equity incentives.
We foster an environment such that all people are afforded the freedom to pursue their passions without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.