San Diego, CA
G&A – Legal
Element Biosciences is a multi-disciplinary startup focused on innovating genetic analysis tools for the research and clinical markets. The Company's technology will broaden the end user experience through improved data quality and simplified workflows to benefit discoveries and diagnosis in healthcare.
This position seeks an individual with a strong scientific background, excellent writing skills, and the ability to work effectively across multiple stakeholders in a dynamic and highly productive inventive environment. The qualified candidate should have a proven record of successful patent drafting and prosecution in the U.S. as well as internationally. Responsibilities will include taking invention disclosures in a multidisciplinary environment; drafting, filing, and prosecution of U.S. and International Patent Applications; prior art searches, and interfacing with outside counsel to provide assistance in managing a growing global IP portfolio. Our work environment provides a variety of projects with an opportunity to work on drafting and patent prosecution across a wide array of technology areas.
THIS IS NOT AN ATTORNEY-LEVEL POSITION.
Due to the nature of this position, a writing sample will be required, and any offer of employment will be contingent upon satisfactory completion of an internal conflicts check.
- Invention disclosure
- Prior art searching
- Patent drafting for US and international applications
- Docket and portfolio management
- Successful candidates will have educational background in physical science, chemical and life science, or related fields; PhD in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, or Chemistry preferred
- 3+ years law firm or in-house patent prosecution experience
- USPTO registration required
- Strong background in physical or life sciences; advanced degree preferred
- Extensive experience in both U.S. and international patent prosecution
- Excellent writing skills
- Demonstrated history of managing competing demands from multiple stakeholders
We are passionate about our mission to develop high performing products to study genomics in an unprecedented flexibility and to understand biology for the improvement of healthcare. We have built a highly efficient product-driven organization where employees can learn, grow and thrive in a challenging but encouraging environment. We are committed to scientific integrity, collegiality, honesty, objectivity, and openness. We offer excellent benefits, which include a 401K plan, competitive health benefits, flexible vacation, and equity incentives.
We foster an environment such that all people are afforded the freedom to pursue their passions without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.