Senior Research Associate- Protein Biochemistry
San Francisco, CA /
R&D – Protein Engineering/Biochemistry /
Element Biosciences is a multi-disciplinary startup focused on innovating genetic analysis tools for the research and clinical markets. The Company's technology will broaden the end user experience through improved data quality and simplified workflows to benefit discoveries and diagnosis in healthcare.
Our bay area site is looking for an energetic and talented individual to join the multidisciplinary Protein Production Group.
You will be executing experiments on protein expression study, routine protein purification with AKTA system and protein quality analysis. Responsibilities extend from cell bank through cell growth up to large scale, small scale protein process development and in process QC analysis. The successful candidate will have lab support responsibility for E. coli culture preparation, buffer preparation, Lab supply ordering and shipping/receiving.
- BS/MS. in Molecular biology, Biochemistry, protein chemistry and chemical engineering or a related discipline
- Experience with E. coli protein expression and tag protein purification preferred
- Familiarity with molecular biology knowledge including cloning and protein analytical techniques such as SDS-PAGE, HPLC SEC will be plus
- Familiarity with protein purification platform such as AKTA pure, AKTA Avant and AKTA crossflow
- Hands on experience with various research-scale affinity methods for protein purification, such as Histag.
We are passionate about our mission to develop high performing products to study genomics in an unprecedented flexibility and to understand biology for the improvement of healthcare. We have built a highly efficient product-driven organization where employees can learn, grow and thrive in a challenging but encouraging environment. We are committed to scientific integrity, collegiality, honesty, objectivity, and openness. We offer excellent benefits, which include a 401K plan, competitive health benefits, flexible vacation, and equity incentives.
We foster an environment such that all people are afforded the freedom to pursue their passions without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.