Research Associate/Research Technician, Microfluidics
San Diego, CA /
R&D – Chemistry and Consumable Development /
Element Biosciences is a multi-disciplinary startup focused on innovating genetic analysis tools for the research and clinical markets. The Company's technology will broaden the end user experience through improved data quality and simplified workflows to benefit discoveries and diagnosis in healthcare.
The Chemistry and Consumables team is looking for a highly motivated entry level engineer to assist with the inspection, measurement, and characterization of our next-generation consumables.
- Operate a range of metrology tools to inspect and measure next generation microfluidic components
- Program recipes on advanced measurement systems
- Collect measurement results and generate quality reports
- Operate and maintain microscopes and other advanced measurement tools
- Routine wet bench activities
- Generate work instructions and process protocols
- Prepare reports to communicate with teams of scientists and engineers
- B.S. or M.S. in Mechanical, Materials, Micro/Nano- Engineering or related field
- Experience working in cleanroom is a plus
- Experience with wet processing is a plus
- Experience with microfabrication is a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
We are passionate about our mission to develop high performing products to study genomics in an unprecedented flexibility and to understand biology for the improvement of healthcare. We have built a highly efficient product-driven organization where employees can learn, grow and thrive in a challenging but encouraging environment. We are committed to scientific integrity, collegiality, honesty, objectivity, and openness. We offer excellent benefits, which include a 401K plan, competitive health benefits, flexible vacation, and equity incentives.
We foster an environment such that all people are afforded the freedom to pursue their passions without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.