Director, Business Process
San Diego, CA
Operations – Business Process
Element Biosciences is a multi-disciplinary startup focused on innovating genetic analysis tools for the research and clinical markets. The Company's technology will broaden the end user experience through improved data quality and simplified workflows to benefit discoveries and diagnosis in healthcare.
We are looking for a driven, passionate professional to deliver organizational best practices in support of all core business functions, including Development, Operations, Finance, and Commercial. We need an individual comfortable developing an organization and processes to support the unique needs of a start-up company disrupting the genomics industry. We look for flexible candidates eager to build an amazing company and launch amazing products! We are building a highly collaborative and integrated organization with a goal to pull the technology out of the lab and enable it for the world!
The Director, Business Process will be expected to develop and deploy an organization wide strategy for process and system deployment. The goal of the strategy will be to rapidly transition from start-up phase to a global disruptor of the genomics market. The candidate must identify and deploy organizational practices and systems that will enable fluid collaboration and efficient innovation across the business. We look for execution to support every business function with a strategic mix of quick wins with long term foundational systems. The candidate will interact with external stakeholders and internal cross functional groups, including Research and Development, Commercial, Finance, and Operations to provide fit-for-purpose solutions. They will demonstrate strong leadership and communication skills to work across functions, and influence to facilitate execution of key projects and initiatives aligned with corporate vision.
- Build, lead, and manage the Business Process team, including Program Management Office functions, driving corporate goal setting and management
- Establish project and resource management best practices, including defining business processes and deploying resource management systems
- Deliver and maintain Product Development Processes as part of this function
- Coordinate multiyear product strategic planning activities in collaboration with other senior leaders
- Interact with broader commercial team to define growth strategies to enable corporate success
- Establish and implement strategic plan to grow business infrastructure (e.g. ERP, PLM, HRM, CRM, etc.) to streamline and standardize business processes
- Organize and manage executive staff meetings and corporate strategic planning activities
- Assist with development and alignment of Board and Investor Communications
- Identify, plan, and execute on strategic projects to manage risk and enable growth, including building internal and external partnerships
- Successful candidates will have broad educational background in business or technology (genomics is a plus), and including advanced degrees, e.g. MBA, MS, PhD; additional certifications such as PMP are a plus
- Candidates with leadership and management training certification also preferred
- Typically requires a Bachelors degree with at 15-20 years in leadership experience, OR Masters/PhD with 10-15 years experience
- Creative and independent thinker; excellent communication skills; good team worker; ability to multitask and work independently; and ability to find creative solutions to problems are required.
- Demonstrated drive and passion to grow self and others to address business needs
- Experience leading change, influencing decision making, and building culture in highly collaborative and innovative environment is required
- Demonstrated expertise in management, organizational development, and leadership is required
- Experience operating with flexibility in a fluid start up environment is a plus
- Expertise in use of computer software for technical and business communication is required
- Ability to produce high quality work with great attention to detail in a fast-paced and efficient manner.
We are passionate about our mission to develop high performing products to study genomics in an unprecedented flexibility and to understand biology for the improvement of healthcare. We have built a highly efficient product-driven organization where employees can learn, grow and thrive in a challenging but encouraging environment. We are committed to scientific integrity, collegiality, honesty, objectivity, and openness. We offer excellent benefits, which include a 401K plan, competitive health benefits, flexible vacation, and equity incentives.
We foster an environment such that all people are afforded the freedom to pursue their passions without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.