Director, Human Resources
San Diego, CA
G&A – Human Resources
Element Biosciences is a multi-disciplinary startup focused on innovating genetic analysis tools for the research and clinical markets. The Company's technology will broaden the end user experience through improved data quality and simplified workflows to benefit discoveries and diagnosis in healthcare.
Reporting to the Vice President, Human Capital Management, the Director, Human Resources will be responsible for developing, implementing and managing human resources programs to support our rapidly growing organization. The successful candidate will have extensive experience working in a fast-paced environment and operate both strategically and tactically.
- Developing, implementing and managing company-wide HR programs which may include organization effectiveness, employer branding, workforce planning, total rewards, employee engagement, talent management and employee relations.
- Improving our new employee experience and managing our employee onboarding and new employee engagement.
- Partner across the organization to drive our values and create a positive team atmosphere to achieve maximum performance during a high growth time.
- Drive change management strategies to achieve operational excellence and develop and manage all human resources metrics.
- BS/BA with at least 10 years in human resources experience primarily as a senior HR business partner.
- Strong analytical skills with a successful track record of developing and managing metrics which drive successful business results.
- Demonstrate experience managing various human resources initiatives.
- Results-oriented and demonstrates a high level of ownership and accountability in delivering outcomes.
- Ability to work in a high-energy, fast pace and collaborative cross functional environment. Prior experience working in genomics, medical device, or biotech industries.
- Overall positive attitude, strong communication skills, fearless with risk and enjoy working hard while having fun.
We are passionate about our mission to develop high performing products to study genomics in an unprecedented flexibility and to understand biology for the improvement of healthcare. We have built a highly efficient product-driven organization where employees can learn, grow and thrive in a challenging but encouraging environment. We are committed to scientific integrity, collegiality, honesty, objectivity, and openness. We offer excellent benefits, which include a 401K plan, competitive health benefits, flexible vacation, and equity incentives.
We foster an environment such that all people are afforded the freedom to pursue their passions without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.