Engineer 2, Flowcell Development
San Diego, CA
R&D – Chemistry and Consumable Development
Element Biosciences is a multi-disciplinary startup focused on innovating genetic analysis tools for the research and clinical markets. The Company's technology will broaden the end user experience through improved data quality and simplified workflows to benefit discoveries and diagnosis in healthcare.
- Develop and test new processes for the development of a novel consumable product
- Work with custom hardware to test microfluidic protocols
- Create test and measurement routines and use to display and communicate large data sets
- Program test routines for optical measurement and profiling equipment
- Process samples for evaluating surface chemistry and biochemistry
- Write work instructions for process transfer and revision controls
- Analyze data and generate technical reports to communicate results to other scientists and engineers
- B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in Bioengineering, Biomedical, Materials, Mechanical, Chemical Engineering or related field
- Experience in consumable development and manufacturing preferably in the biomedical devices, diagnostic or MEMS industry;
- Strong experience in microfluidic or microdevice development and characterization
- Experience with metrology and measurement tools
- Knowledge of surface chemistry biochemistry and application and evaluation techniques
We are passionate about our mission to develop high performing products to study genomics in an unprecedented flexibility and to understand biology for the improvement of healthcare. We have built a highly efficient product-driven organization where employees can learn, grow and thrive in a challenging but encouraging environment. We are committed to scientific integrity, collegiality, honesty, objectivity, and openness. We offer excellent benefits, which include a 401K plan, competitive health benefits, flexible vacation, and equity incentives.
We foster an environment such that all people are afforded the freedom to pursue their passions without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.