Senior Manufacturing Associate
San Diego, CA /
Operations – Manufacturing /
Element Biosciences is a multi-disciplinary startup focused on innovating genetic analysis tools for the research and clinical markets. The Company's technology will broaden the end user experience through improved data quality and simplified workflows to benefit discoveries and diagnosis in healthcare.
This role is responsible for performing the manufacturing and QC of substrate consumables for Element Biosciences. The role will also include, calibration, validation and troubleshooting of equipment and instruments.
- Perform assigned manufacturing tasks for Flowcell Manufacturing as assigned by the Supervisor
- Perform troubleshooting on the manufacturing process as required.
- Perform equipment integration and full system tests.
- Conduct Quality Control procedures.
- Perform data collection and analysis.
- Perform work order processing to complete products to inventory.
- Interpreting and responding to quality data.
- Understand work flow and create/review Standard Operating Procedures.
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team with other scientists, engineers and manufacturing personnel to support R&D and process improvement activities to meet production goals.
- Preferably 5 – 10 years relevant experience in substrate manufacturing. Hands on experience with the manufacture of sequencing flowcells is highly desirable.
- Fast learner with proven ability to train others.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently as well as on teams.
- System level testing and troubleshooting experience
- Start Up culture experience – comfortable in working with ambiguity and at a fast pace.
- Strong communicator and collaborator – experience in working closely with process development engineers
- Good computer skills and comfort in using computers for all aspects of MFG, experience with excel and word, Confluence, web based or similar programs
- Experience with SOPs, BRs, WIs required.
- Diploma in relevant science (biology, biochemistry, chemistry) or engineering (Process, Chemical, Biochemical etc) disciplines or equivalent in work experience.
We are passionate about our mission to develop high performing products to study genomics in an unprecedented flexibility and to understand biology for the improvement of healthcare. We have built a highly efficient product-driven organization where employees can learn, grow and thrive in a challenging but encouraging environment. We are committed to scientific integrity, collegiality, honesty, objectivity, and openness. We offer excellent benefits, which include a 401K plan, competitive health benefits, flexible vacation, and equity incentives.
We foster an environment such that all people are afforded the freedom to pursue their passions without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.