Software System Engineering / Integration Lead
San Diego, CA
Engineering – Software/Data Science
Element Biosciences is a multi-disciplinary startup focused on innovating genetic analysis tools for the research and clinical markets. The Company's technology will broaden the end user experience through improved data quality and simplified workflows to benefit discoveries and diagnosis in healthcare.
Element is actively looking for Software System Engineering / Integration Lead to help design a complete sequencing solution with the necessary software interfaces to the chemistry, hardware and manufacturing systems. We need a hands-on professional who enjoys setting up a robust, scalable best practices to support our accelerated growth. You will be responsible for identifying and working with functional leads across the organization to provide the best solutions possible. You will report directly to the VP of Software and Informatics.
- Work as part of a team to design, implement, integrate and test the software that enables the development and use of Element’s sequencing instrumentation
- Work with the hardware and biochemistry teams to identify interfaces and establish specifications
- Work with instrument, cloud and analysis software teams to ensure interfaces are optimal and efficient
- Transform operational and customer needs into technical descriptions and design specifications for the software system
- Lead the requirement gathering process and perform requirement analysis and risk analysis
- Act as the primary liaison to the product manager, operations and development teams to coordinate inter-dependencies and ensure overall product delivery
- Verify team’s ability to deliver against requirements and timelines
- Assist in troubleshooting problems during development and product sustaining
- Over time, establish and lead of team of system engineers
- Bachelor’s Degree in Programming, Computer Science or related field
- 4 years in the Life Science Industry with knowledge of DNA sequencing
- Experience with cloud SAAS development teams
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Be able to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Experience in participating in cross-organizational or inter-company collaboration
- Knowledge of CICD processes
We are passionate about our mission to develop high performing products to study genomics in an unprecedented flexibility and to understand biology for the improvement of healthcare. We have built a highly efficient product-driven organization where employees can learn, grow and thrive in a challenging but encouraging environment. We are committed to scientific integrity, collegiality, honesty, objectivity, and openness. We offer excellent benefits, which include a 401K plan, competitive health benefits, flexible vacation, and equity incentives.
We foster an environment such that all people are afforded the freedom to pursue their passions without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.