Entry-level Software Tester - $15/hr - Super Flexible Hours - Downtown Clemson
Clemson, SC /
Eleos Technologies is a growing, profitable company, founded in 2011. We create SaaS and mobile products that make truck drivers happier and transportation companies more efficient.
We’re helping a diverse mix of customers—from independent truck drivers to some of the nation's largest trucking fleets — improve how they operate by tackling information overload, reducing phone calls, and eliminating obsolete technologies.
Eleos is hiring several new teammates to test our mobile and web software products. The individual we want to hire will make few assumptions, take little for granted, and “measure twice and cut once”. If testing and trying to break what our awesome developers create sounds interesting to you, then please keep reading. If you are bored reading this already, then you’re probably not a good fit.
You will join a fun crew, located in the heart of Clemson, who works hard and enjoys a fierce ping-pong game in the office. You will be expected to be tough on our products and critical of system issues, but incredibly pleasant with your teammates. Assuring the quality of our products is very important to us as a fast-growing startup company.
If you don't already know how to test code or follow test plans, that's perfectly okay. For this position, we are excited to help you learn by providing you on-the-job training!
You might be a good fit for this role and our company if you say, “that’s me!” to each of the following:
• I cannot ignore mistakes. I understand that not everyone defines "mistake" the same way... but still, I cannot ignore a mistake.
• There is right and there is wrong.
• I think work can be "wrong" without thinking that the person who did that work is "wrong."
• People ask me to proofread because they know I will catch everything that might even be considered to be an error.
If you have actually done any of the following, even for a school project, please tell us:
• Software or system testing
• Software development of any kind
• Writing documentation of any kind
This Software Tester is responsible for testing our mobile and web applications by executing test cases and clearly documenting the results of testing. This position works collaboratively with other testers and developers.
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
- Strong work ethic with documented work history
- Must provide your own laptop and be proficient at using it
- Must possess effective verbal and written communication skills
- Must have strong attention for detail
- Must have strong analytical skills with the ability to interact with development team
- Ability to escalate issues appropriately
- Be able to work as a 1099 (contractor)
- Be able to work at LEAST 20 hours per month (excluding Sunday) from Clemson office
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follow detailed steps towards the accurate and efficient execution of assigned test cases
- Provide input on improvement opportunities for test cases
- Ability to learn and understand and follow established QA procedures
- Quickly learn and understand how the programs, products, and systems we use interact
- Provide detailed written documentation when results of testing differ from expected outcome
- Be able to follow up with the development team on defect status
- Contribute to a positive work environment fostering the values of initiative and accountability
- Be able to pick up new technology and concepts quickly
- Be passionate about quality and technology
- Have a knack at finding edge cases, bugs, flaws, gaps etc. in systems, programs, and processes
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to establish working relationships with individuals at varying levels within the organization
- Effective organization and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and adhere to deadlines