Research Scientist (Remote - US)
San Francisco, CA /
Elevate Labs is on a mission to improve people's minds.
The ability to write well and speak eloquently deeply affects your trajectory in life, regardless of profession. Unfortunately, many people leave high school and even college extremely unprepared in these areas. We developed our flagship mobile app, Elevate, to help bridge this gap, through 35 games (and more on the way) that teach concrete cognitive skills. Elevate has over 30 million downloads and has received numerous accolades, including Apple’s App of the Year award.
The Elevate app was just the beginning. We’ve recently launched Balance, a personalized meditation app, that helps people with their stress, sleep, focus, and much more. It’s a truly customized experience that makes meditation more accessible to millions of people.
Join us in creating the future of products that help people live healthy, joyful, and productive lives.
We’re looking for a part-time creative and data-driven Research Scientist to help us investigate and improve the efficacy of our suite of self-improvement products. You will own our entire research strategy, lead the execution of scientific studies, and produce shareable results. You will also advise our product team on internal feature development and improvement opportunities to ensure we create the most effective learning tools possible.
This is a fully remote, part-time position (up to 25 hrs/wk) anywhere in the United States.
What you’ll do here:
- Partner with internal data scientists to understand quantitative behavioral user data and discern its relationship with qualitative user insights
- Partner with the product team to inform feature development and improvement
- Form scientific advisory boards and partnerships for our products as needed
- Identify, prioritize, design, and execute scientific research studies with a high degree of independence
- Write meaningful summaries of study findings to be used in marketing and potential B2B sales
- Lead internal and external presentations describing studies and results
- Help answer big product questions in the areas of actual learning progress in Elevate and actual self-improvement results in Balance
- You have a PhD in neuroscience, cognitive psychology, or a related field
- You have 2+ years of business and/or product experience
- You're proficient in quantitative and qualitative research methods, study designs, and data analysis
- You have excellent analytical skills and the ability to simplify and communicate findings
- You have a history of scientific publications and peer-reviewed research
- You enjoy working independently and creatively within budgets and schedules
- You're fluent in English and possess strong communication skills
- Experience at a consumer tech company
- History of presenting at conferences and other venues
- Experience working remotely and/or with a fully distributed team
- Passion for helping people improve their lives and achieve their mental fitness goals
At Elevate Labs we value diversity and are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.