Senior Product Manager, Balance (Google's Best App of 2021)
Product Management /
Elevate Labs is on a mission to improve people's minds.
Since 2014, we’ve helped millions of people around the world learn and improve concrete cognitive skills in reading, writing, and math through Elevate, our first mobile app which has won Apple's App of the Year Award. With Balance, our second mobile app and Google's Best App of 2021, we’ve personalized meditation to help more people reduce stress, improve sleep, sharpen focus, and much more.
Elevate Labs is a fully remote company of voracious learners and passionate doers, driven by our vision to help billions of people lead healthy, joyful, and productive lives.
We're looking for a Senior Product Manager for our Balance team. You’ll operate as the sole PM working on the Balance app, managing the flow of work through the full product-development lifecycle, and helping ensure the right work gets done in the right ways, at the right times.
Your work will be critically important to the company, given the Balance app’s continuing role in Elevate Labs’ strong overall growth trajectory: The more valuable we can make the app for users, the more valuable it will be for our company. And while we’re a deeply impact-oriented PM team, we also understand that success in our role requires us to operate with integrity, human awareness, and other characteristics not directly tied to the product problems we face every day.
How You'll Make an Impact Here:
- You’ll help determine goals and opportunities across activation, engagement, retention, monetization, tech debt, bug-fixing, and work in support of other teams, like Marketing and Content
- You’ll perform competitive analyses, quantitative explorations, UX research, and other activities to help make sure we’re considering a wide array of possible product bets
- You’ll coordinate the planning activities that lead us to well-formed sprints full of high-value work
- You’ll make sure each sprint’s priorities are on-target and within reach, partnering closely with Balance designers and engineers, and with Elevate’s CEO
- You’ll facilitate cross-functional collaboration and communication as we design, build, and ship
- You’ll report on our bets’ performance, with support from the Data team when the needs are more complex
- You’ll help inspire the team to do its best work by reinforcing the value of the product and the bets to users and the company
- 4 to 6 years’ experience in product management, with responsibility for stewarding features from ideation to post-release iteration
- A history of generating and delivering improvements to business performance and user experience
- Excellent communication skills across a variety of venues — synchronous and asynchronous, written and spoken, informal and moderately formal
- Fluency in A/B testing, including planning, execution, and analysis
- Experience with lightweight qualitative UX research and with quantitative exploration (SQL skill helpful, but not required)
- Empathy, humility, and integrity
- Work on a consumer subscription product
- Work on iOS and Android apps
- Time at a small-ish startup
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
- Distributed team flexibility, with a home-office stipend and co-working reimbursement
- Annual learning, wellness, and travel stipends
- Generous PTO, flexible sick leave, and paid parental leave
How We Hire:
At Elevate Labs, we put a lot of time and care into who we hire. We seek to build high-impact teams with high talent density. After a phone screen with the hiring manager, you can expect to have four conversational-style interviews and give a lightweight presentation.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion:
We believe that there is no single candidate profile that guarantees success in this role. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your background is similar to the job description and you think you can excel in this role, please apply and tell us about yourself and the impact you could make at Elevate Labs.
We also know that diversity of identity, experience, and thought leads to more creativity, better problem-solving, and wiser decisions, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to our team. We are an equal opportunity employer; committed to diversity and building an equitable and inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and experiences, and we're taking steps to meet that commitment. We highly encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including women, people of color, LGBTQIA+ folks, veterans, and people with disabilities.