Sound Designer (Remote)
Atlanta, GA /
About Elevate Labs:
Elevate Labs is on a mission to improve people's minds.
Since 2014, we’ve helped millions of people around the world learn and improve concrete cognitive skills in reading, writing, and math through Elevate, our first mobile app which has won Apple's App of the Year Award. With Balance, our second mobile app, we’ve personalized meditation to help more people reduce stress, improve sleep, sharpen focus, and much more.
Elevate Labs is a fully distributed company of voracious learners and passionate doers, driven by our vision to help billions of people lead healthy, joyful, and productive lives.
If our mission resonates with you, please consider applying!
About the role:
The Sound Designer will report to the Senior Sound Designer and share responsibility and ownership of this budding area of the business, as audio-based content is becoming increasingly important across both of our apps.
Our ideal candidate is a self-starter with high standards when it comes to quality, and they can deliver on those high standards while still working quickly. They're also adaptable, self-motivated, highly organized, and eager for continuous feedback as we seek to innovate in the audio learning space.
What you'll do here:
- Handle post-production for meditation audio and new types of audio-based learning content, both in linear and interactive formats
- Organize audio files inside Dropbox, and keep meticulous records of file names and versions
- Continuously QA in-app audio and make minor adjustments to create a smoother listening experience
- Identify opportunities to add value with sound assets
- Work independently, but also collaborate with members of the content, design, engineering, and product teams
- You have 3+ years of professional (or equivalent) sound design experience, ideally working on a blend of interactive and linear projects.
- You are an expert with Pro Tools.
- You have knowledge of field, studio, and remote/Zoom recording.
- You have extensive knowledge of recording equipment and understand how to produce consistent results in different conditions.
- You have a general grasp of the entire production process and how sound and animation can interact.
- You have a great ear and are adept at choosing the best takes.
- You work well under deadlines.
- You're meticulous, organized, and resourceful.
- You communicate often and effectively with diverse stakeholders.
- You have a strong bias toward action.
- Interest in educational technology, lifelong learning, and/or meditation
- Experience working on interactive mobile games or with mobile sound design
- Experience with linear storytelling and story assembly
- Experience with Descript or something similar
Benefits & perks:
- Fully remote environment
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
- 401(k) plan
- Fully paid parental leave
- Competitive salary and equity
- Home office upgrade stipend
- Annual learning stipend
- Wellness/Fitness Subscription Box
Why work at Elevate Labs?
- Do mission-driven work
- Skip the commute and enjoy the flexibility of working from home
- Develop your skills through a wide variety of challenging and impactful projects
- Accelerate your career through rapidly increasing levels of ownership
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion:
We believe that there is no single candidate profile that guarantees success in this role. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. If your background is similar to the job description and you think you can excel in this role, please apply and tell us about yourself and the impact you could make at Elevate Labs.
We also know that diversity of identity, experience, and thought leads to more creativity, better problem-solving, and wiser decisions, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to our team. We are an equal opportunity employer; committed to diversity and building an equitable and inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and experiences, and we're taking steps to meet that commitment. We highly encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including women, people of color, LGBTQIA+ folks, veterans, and people with disabilities.