Senior Data Engineer (Remote)
Elevate Labs is on a mission to improve people's minds.
The ability to write well and speak eloquently deeply affects your trajectory in life, regardless of profession. Unfortunately, many people leave high school and even college extremely unprepared in these areas. We developed our flagship mobile app, Elevate, to help bridge this gap, through 35 games (and more on the way) that teach concrete cognitive skills. Elevate has over 30 million downloads and has received numerous accolades, including Apple’s App of the Year award.
The Elevate app was just the beginning. We’ve recently launched Balance, a personalized meditation app, that helps people with their stress, sleep, focus, and much more. It’s a truly customized experience that makes meditation more accessible to millions of people.
Join us in creating the future of products that help people live healthy, joyful, and productive lives.
To support our growing products, we're looking for an experienced data engineer to own and update the data pipeline powering our data analytics platform. You will initially take responsibility for our existing python based data pipeline. You’ll work closely with our data analysts and data scientists to establish requirements and appropriately evolve the pipeline to a modern data processing solution. As the data engineering subject matter expert, you’ll be expected to drive the direction of future development.
This is a fully remote position anywhere in the US or Canada.
What you'll do here
- Lead complex projects by defining requirements, determining solutions, and delivering on results
- Participate in the product development process, representing engineering by communicating technical constraints, opportunities, and solutions
- Mentor your fellow teammates to help them grow as engineers
- Set standards of engineering excellence in service design and implementation with a focus on reliability
- Build, maintain, and own data processing
- You have 5+ years of professional software experience building data processing pipelines and big data solutions
- You can code effectively in Python
- Proficient with SQL and designing DB schemas
- Experience with JVM languages (Java, Scala, etc.) for big data solutions
- You have designed and implemented Big Data solutions using Spark/SparkSQL and other similar technologies
- You have designed and implemented Data Processing pipelines using Kafka, SNS/SQS, or other similar technologies
- You have experience developing for AWS (EC2, S3, EMR, Redshift, Athena)
- You are passionate about delivering high-quality, efficient solutions
- You communicate clearly and participate in design reviews and code reviews
- Experience working in a remote environment
- Experience with Terraform, CloudFormation, CDK, or other infrastructure as code technologies
- Experience with TeamCity
- Interest in cognitive training and educational technology
Benefits & perks
- Remote first environment
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance for you (covered at 100%) and your family
- 401(k) plan
- Fully paid parental leave
- Competitive salary and equity
At Elevate Labs we value diversity and are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.