Senior iOS Engineer
Elevate Labs is on a mission to improve people's minds.
We’ve helped millions of people around the world learn and improve concrete communication, memory, and math skills through Elevate, our first mobile app which has won Apple's App of the Year Award and been downloaded more than 60 million times. With Balance, our second mobile app and winner of Google's Best App award, we’ve personalized meditation and made it free for an entire year to help more people reduce stress, improve sleep, sharpen focus, and much more.
Elevate Labs is a fully remote company of voracious learners and passionate doers, driven by our vision to help billions of people lead healthy, joyful, and productive lives.
If our mission resonates with you, please consider applying!
We're looking for an experienced iOS engineer passionate about designing great user experiences to build and maintain features on the Balance Sleep & Meditation app.
This is a fully remote position anywhere in North or South America.
How You’ll Make an Impact Here:
- Lead the technical design and implementation of complex projects by working closely with Product Management, Design, and Content to define problems, come up with solutions, and deliver incredible user experiences
- Mentor your fellow teammates to help them grow as engineers and be open to learning from them as you continue to grow your own skills
- Introduce new ideas to help the team iterate on process and technology
- While iOS will be your focus, you’ll occasionally help out your teammates in other areas of the stack (Android, Backend, Games, DevOps, etc.)
- You have 7+ years of professional software experience in iOS app development
- You have shipped at least one iOS app professionally
- You are passionate about user interface and user experience
- You have experience building complex animations
- You are proficient with Swift and SwiftUI
- You have experience implementing unit tests and with development methods that support automated testing
- You have experience with writing multi-threaded, asynchronous code
- You communicate clearly and are willing to give critical feedback to improve the user experience
- You stay up to date with the latest iOS development news and technologies
- Interest in mindfulness and educational technology
- You have released a personal app on the App Store that you built every part of
- Experience with MVVM architecture, reactive programming, and dependency injection
- Experience with GitHub Actions or a similar CI/CD platform
- Experience with C++, Kotlin/Android, Python, and/or Ruby on Rails
- Competitive salary and equity
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
- Distributed team flexibility, with a home-office stipend and co-working reimbursement
- Annual learning, wellness, and travel stipends
- Generous PTO, flexible sick leave, and paid parental leave
- Annual company meetup in fun location
How We Hire:
At Elevate Labs, we seek to build high-impact teams with high talent density, and we invest a lot of time and care into the hiring process. Your resume will be reviewed by a human, so we encourage you to keep resumes short (one page should do), double-check for grammar errors, and submit it as a PDF.
During the interview process, you can expect conversational-style sessions, some with a technical focus, and coding exercises in Swift and SwiftUI.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion:
We believe that there is no single candidate profile that guarantees success in this role. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your background is similar to the job description and you think you can excel in this role, please apply and tell us about yourself and the impact you could make at Elevate Labs.
We also know that diversity of identity, experience, and thought leads to more creativity, better problem-solving, and wiser decisions, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to our team. We are an equal opportunity employer; committed to diversity and building an equitable and inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and experiences, and we're taking steps to meet that commitment. We highly encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including women, people of color, LGBTQIA+ folks, veterans, and people with disabilities.