Part-Time Content QA Contractor (Remote)
San Francisco, CA /
About Elevate Labs:
Elevate Labs is on a mission to improve people's minds.
Since 2014, we’ve helped millions of people around the world learn and improve concrete cognitive skills in reading, writing, and math through Elevate, our first mobile app which has won Apple's App of the Year Award. With Balance, our second mobile app, we’ve personalized meditation to help more people reduce stress, improve sleep, sharpen focus, and much more.
Elevate Labs is a fully distributed company of voracious learners and passionate doers, driven by our vision to help billions of people lead healthy, joyful, and productive lives.
If our mission resonates with you, please consider applying!
We're looking for a content QA contractor to assist our Content and QA teams in reviewing copy for our educational games. You'll report to the Senior Content Strategist who will make assignments and set priorities and schedules. Our ideal candidate is an efficient, tech-savvy editor/proofreader with an eye for factual and grammatical accuracy.
What you'll do here
- You’ll proofread and perform quality control checks of educational content for Elevate using Google Sheets, and simulators managed with Xcode and Git.
- Every three weeks, you'll contribute about 11–45 hours of work over the course of one week for approximately 3–4 months.
What we're looking for
- You have or are pursuing a degree in a writing-heavy field.
- You're a native or native-like speaker of English.
- You're comfortable using Google Sheets and other GSuite products.
- You have impeccable attention to detail.
- You’re a reliable self-starter, communicator, and collaborator.
- You must have a 2018 Mac computer or newer.
- Experience using Git and Xcode simulators a big plus
- Knowledge of how SSH keys work
- Experience doing similar proofreading or editing work
- Experience working remotely
- Facility with non-American English dialects
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion:
We believe that there is no single candidate profile that guarantees success in this role. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. If your background is similar to the job description and you think you can excel in this role, please apply and tell us about yourself and the impact you could make at Elevate Labs.
We also know that diversity of identity, experience, and thought leads to more creativity, better problem-solving, and wiser decisions, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to our team. We are an equal opportunity employer; committed to diversity and building an equitable and inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and experiences, and we're taking steps to meet that commitment. We highly encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including women, people of color, LGBTQIA+ folks, veterans, and people with disabilities.