Senior iOS Engineer (Remote - North & South America)
Austin, TX /
About Elevate Labs:
Elevate Labs is on a mission to improve people's minds.
Since 2014, we’ve helped millions of people around the world learn and improve concrete cognitive skills in reading, writing, and math through Elevate, our first mobile app which has won Apple's App of the Year Award. With Balance, our second mobile app, we’ve personalized meditation to help more people reduce stress, improve sleep, sharpen focus, and much more.
Elevate Labs is a fully distributed company of voracious learners and passionate doers, driven by our vision to help billions of people lead healthy, joyful, and productive lives.
If our mission resonates with you, please consider applying!
To support our growing products, we're looking for an experienced iOS engineer who has a passion for building great user experiences, pays meticulous attention to details, and believes in software that helps its users. In our collaborative environment, you'll be working cross-functionally on the Elevate app to build and maintain features that educate and delight our customers. As a senior member of the team, you’ll have the opportunity to guide the direction of our products and our engineering team.
This is a fully remote position anywhere in North & South America.
What you’ll do here
- Lead complex projects by defining requirements, determining solutions, and delivering results
- Participate in the product development process, representing engineering by communicating technical constraints, opportunities, and solutions
- Work closely with our Product and Design teams to build great user experiences
- Own major features and components, iterating on them while maintaining product polish
- Mentor your fellow teammates to help them grow as engineers
- Set standards of engineering excellence in design and implementation with a focus on reliability and maintainability
- You have 5+ years of professional software experience in iOS app development
- You have shipped at least one iOS app
- Proficient with Swift
- Experience implementing unit tests and with development methods that support automated testing
- Experience with writing multi-threaded, asynchronous code
- You are passionate about user interfaces and user experience
- You communicate clearly and participate in design reviews and code reviews
- Experience working in a remote environment
- Experience with C++ & Objective-C
- Experience with MVVM architecture, reactive programming, and dependency injection
- Experience with building web-backed applications using Ruby on Rails
- Experience building complex animations
- Experience with TeamCity or other CI/CD tools
- Interest in test-driven development and software development best practices
- Interest in cognitive training and educational technology
Benefits & perks
- Fully remote environment
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
- 401(k) plan
- Fully paid parental leave
- Competitive salary and equity
- Home office upgrade stipend
- Annual learning stipend
- Wellness/Fitness Subscription Box
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion:
We believe that there is no single candidate profile that guarantees success in this role. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. If your background is similar to the job description and you think you can excel in this role, please apply and tell us about yourself and the impact you could make at Elevate Labs.
We also know that diversity of identity, experience, and thought leads to more creativity, better problem-solving, and wiser decisions, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to our team. We are an equal opportunity employer; committed to diversity and building an equitable and inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and experiences, and we're taking steps to meet that commitment. We highly encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including women, people of color, LGBTQIA+ folks, veterans, and people with disabilities.