Android Engineer Intern
San Francisco, CA
Elevate Labs is on a mission to improve people's minds.
The ability to write well and speak eloquently deeply affects your trajectory in life, regardless of profession. Unfortunately, many people leave high school and even college extremely unprepared in these areas. We developed our flagship mobile app, Elevate, to help bridge this gap, through 35 games (and more on the way) that teach concrete cognitive skills. Elevate has over 30 million downloads and has received numerous accolades, including Apple’s App of the Year award.
The Elevate app was just the beginning. We’ve recently launched Balance, a personalized meditation app, that helps people with their stress, sleep, focus, and much more. It’s a truly customized experience that makes meditation more accessible to millions of people.
Join us in creating the future of products that help people live healthy, joyful, and productive lives.
To support our growing products, we're looking for an Android engineer who has a passion for building great user experiences, pays meticulous attention to details, and believes in software that helps its users. We are an agile team looking to make our customers' lives better by building the future of cognitive training and proactive mental fitness. In our collaborative environment, you’ll work across teams and projects to build amazing products that educate and delight our customers.
What you'll Do
- Work on projects that impact the company alongside a passionate and talented team of engineers, content creators, and designers.
- Be mentored by experienced engineers and participate in all aspects of product development, from sprint planning to shipping code.
- Directly contribute to the Elevate and Balance mobile apps.
- Collaborate with design, content, marketing, and support teams.
- You have programming experience in Java
- You have programming experience in Kotlin (not required, but a plus)
- You have familiarity with version control
- You have a disciplined approach to testing and quality assurance
- You believe in delivering high-quality, efficient solutions to enable seamless user experiences
- You have a preference for fast-paced environments
Benefits & Perks
- Delicious and healthy chef-cooked meals
- Competitive salary
At Elevate Labs we value diversity and are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.