Researcher (Remote - North & South America)
San Francisco, CA /
About Elevate Labs:
Elevate Labs is on a mission to improve people's minds.
Since 2014, we’ve helped millions of people around the world learn and improve concrete cognitive skills in reading, writing, and math through Elevate, our first mobile app which has won Apple's App of the Year Award. With Balance, our second mobile app, we’ve personalized meditation to help more people reduce stress, improve sleep, sharpen focus, and much more.
Elevate Labs is a fully remote company of voracious learners and passionate doers, driven by our vision to help billions of people lead healthy, joyful, and productive lives.
If our mission resonates with you, please consider applying!
About the role
We’re looking for a full-time researcher to provide generalized research support across our organization.
Our needs are dynamic and we have yet to discover your strengths, so we can't tell you exactly what you'll be working on. But your contributions could include everything from broad topic research to support the development of new audio programs to partnerships with our Product Marketing and Growth teams to collect new insights that improve the way we market our products.
We can also confidently tell you that you'll be challenged; you'll have autonomy and increasing ownership; you'll report directly to the Director of Content and be surrounded by incredibly talented colleagues; you'll be part of a successful startup with rocketship growth; and you'll work on products that are making a profound difference in people's lives.
If all this excites you, and if you have a bias for action, broad general research skills, and desire to work cross-functionally on a wide range of research-based projects, please tell us more about yourself.
Oh, and one more thing: This is a full-time, fully remote position, so you can feel free to work anywhere in the world that you like.
What (we think) you’ll do here
- Research and synthesize the landscape of broad topics (e.g., how to remember names), and suggest fruitful areas within those topics for us to explore
- Pitch topic ideas and provide supporting research for our products' audio shows
- Find and develop relationships with experts in various fields who could act as recurring guests on our products' audio shows
- Research interview guests and suggest compelling interview questions based on what you learn
- Partner with our Product Marketing and Growth teams to collect quantitative and qualitative insights from our user base, and then help turn those insights into marketable claims
- Review scientific and efficacy claims made by other companies in our market to help generate new ways to talk about our products
- Collaborate on many other projects that are TBD
- You have a degree or equivalent experience in a research-related field (e.g., journalism, education, qualitative research, and/or other humanities or social-science fields)
- You have excellent analytical skills and the ability to simplify and communicate findings
- You enjoy fact-checking and are meticulous about getting information right
- You have a bias for action and excel at working both independently and collaboratively
- You're fluent in English and possess strong communication skills
- You have a passion for helping people improve their lives and achieve their mental fitness goals
- Experience at a consumer tech company
- Experience doing research and/or fact-checking for an audio show
- Experience writing marketing materials
- Comfort with data analysis
- History of working remotely and/or with a fully distributed team
Benefits & perks
- Fully remote environment
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
- 401(k) plan
- Fully paid parental leave
- Competitive salary and equity
- Home office upgrade stipend
- Annual learning stipend
- Annual company meetup in a fun location
- Work & wellness stipend
- Co-working reimbursement
- Travel stipend
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion:
We believe that there is no single candidate profile that guarantees success in this role. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. If your background is similar to the job description and you think you can excel in this role, please apply and tell us about yourself and the impact you could make at Elevate Labs.
We also know that diversity of identity, experience, and thought leads to more creativity, better problem-solving, and wiser decisions, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to our team. We are an equal opportunity employer; committed to diversity and building an equitable and inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and experiences, and we're taking steps to meet that commitment. We highly encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including women, people of color, LGBTQIA+ folks, veterans, and people with disabilities.