Senior Game Developer
San Francisco, CA
Elevate Labs is on a mission to improve people's minds.
The ability to write well and speak eloquently deeply affects your trajectory in life, regardless of profession. Unfortunately, many people leave high school and even college extremely unprepared in these areas. We developed our flagship mobile app, Elevate, to help bridge this gap, through 35 games (and more on the way) that teach concrete cognitive skills. Elevate has over 25 million downloads and has received numerous accolades, including Apple’s App of the Year award.
The Elevate app was just the beginning. We’ve recently launched Balance, a personalized meditation app, that helps people with their stress, sleep, focus, and much more. It’s a truly customized experience that makes meditation more accessible to millions of people.
Join us in creating the future of products that help people live healthy, joyful, and productive lives.
We’re looking for a Senior Game Developer with a strong design interest to help us build the future of cognitive training. You’ll join an agile team that emphasizes test-driven development, short-development cycles, and code review and work closely with engineers, artists, and educators to create game experiences that are educationally effective, fun, and beautiful. You’ll lead game development through its lifecycle, from ideation and prototyping to polish and integration. Our game technology is primarily in Lua, however experience with any game development technologies as well as other areas of our stack will be beneficial.
What you'll do here
- Collaborate with research and art teams to design and develop educational activities
- Lead playtesting sessions to gather feedback
- Maintain and improve a shared code library used across all of our games
- Collaborate with and mentor other game developers
- Help refine game creation processes
What we're looking for
- Experience with 2D game engines (Moai, Corona, Cocos2D, Flash, Unity, etc.)
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent preferred
- Experience with Lua or similar scripting languages
- Experience with C++
- Experience with low-level OpenGL
- Interest in education or educational gaming
Benefits & perks
- Delicious and healthy chef-cooked meals
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
- 401(k) plan
- Commuter benefits
- Fully paid parental leave
- Competitive salary and equity
At Elevate Labs we value diversity and are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.