Customer Support Agent (Remote - North & South America)
Customer Support /
About Elevate Labs:
Elevate Labs is on a mission to improve people's minds.
Since 2014, we’ve helped millions of people around the world learn and improve concrete cognitive skills in reading, writing, and math through Elevate, our first mobile app which has won Apple's App of the Year Award. With Balance, our second mobile app, we’ve personalized meditation to help more people reduce stress, improve sleep, sharpen focus, and much more.
Elevate Labs is a fully distributed company of voracious learners and passionate doers, driven by our vision to help billions of people lead healthy, joyful, and productive lives.
If our mission resonates with you, please consider applying!
The Customer Support Team at Elevate Labs operates like a fast-paced, agile startup and we’re looking for an energized, high-performing customer support agent to join the team. This is a unique opportunity to use your customer experience, decision-making and creative problem solving skills to shape the trajectory of our existing, and newest, ventures. As a member of our team, you treat customers as part of our community, you never settle for good enough and you never stop learning and teaching. This role requires balancing agility with customer obsession, all executed along tight timelines and a constantly evolving business.
We cater to the needs of the business by listening to when our customers need us most. With that in mind, to be considered for this role, you must be able to work one or both weekend days, holidays, and comfortable with a periodically changing schedule.
What you’ll do here
- Be an unwavering customer advocate with a commitment to offering world class customer support
- Strive for one-touch resolution by identifying the question within the question, prioritizing and multitasking a large volume of inbound customer contacts with attention to detail and ownership
- Identify patterns in customer reports and feature requests in order to escalate appropriately
- Understand and meet expected team and personal metrics such as: Time to first response, one-touch resolution, customer satisfaction, and more
- Question the status quo and proactively highlight areas where we can do better to help drive process and policy decisions
- Help keep internal and external knowledge bases and documentation up-to-date
- Actively participate in team activities and meetings, generating ideas and offering problem solving solutions
- Own your mistakes and incorporate feedback and coaching in order to improve
- Learn our products inside and out
What we’re looking for
- 1-3 years of customer support experience, or equivalent education or certification
- 1-3 years of experience supporting educational apps and/or software
- Experience with Zendesk or similar customer management tools
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a strong attention to detail
- Intellectual curiosity alongside a passion for teaching others. If you don’t know the answer, you’ll find out.
- The ability to balance pace and precision, multitasking and prioritizing urgent needs
- Patience, empathy, and ability to understand customer needs
- Commitment to problem-solving, with the customer as the primary focus
- Experience working in a remote environment
- Experience working for a start-up or other fast growth company
- Demonstrated knowledge of Google Docs/Sheets or similar
- Previous user of Elevate and/or Balance
Benefits & perks
- Fully remote environment
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
- 401(k) plan
- Fully paid parental leave
- Competitive salary and equity
- Home office upgrade stipend
- Annual learning stipend
- Wellness/Fitness Subscription Box
Why work at Elevate Labs?
- Help millions of people improve their cognitive skills and mental well-being
- Skip the commute and enjoy the flexibility of working from home
- Develop your skills through a wide variety of challenging and impactful projects
- Accelerate your career through rapidly increasing levels of ownership
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion:
We believe that there is no single candidate profile that guarantees success in this role. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. If your background is similar to the job description and you think you can excel in this role, please apply and tell us about yourself and the impact you could make at Elevate Labs.
We also know that diversity of identity, experience, and thought leads to more creativity, better problem-solving, and wiser decisions, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to our team. We are an equal opportunity employer; committed to diversity and building an equitable and inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and experiences, and we're taking steps to meet that commitment. We highly encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including women, people of color, LGBTQIA+ folks, veterans, and people with disabilities.