Senior Motion Designer
San Francisco, CA /
About Elevate Labs:
Elevate Labs is on a mission to improve people's minds.
Since 2014, we’ve helped millions of people around the world learn and improve concrete cognitive skills in reading, writing, and math through Elevate, our first mobile app. With Balance, our second mobile app, we’ve personalized meditation to help more people reduce stress, improve sleep, sharpen focus, and much more.
Elevate Labs is a fully distributed company of voracious learners and passionate doers, driven by our vision to help billions of people lead healthy, joyful, and productive lives.
If our mission resonates with you, we’d love to hear from you!
Our visually stunning, user-driven designs are a large part of what made Elevate successful, and with our CEO's background in design, it's an intrinsic part of every product we develop.
To help us continue to deliver beautiful, educationally valuable experiences and interfaces to our users, we're looking for a full-time Senior Motion Designer to join our growing team.
About the position
- You'll help us tackle a large variety of interactive and educational content for Elevate and our new meditation app.
- You'll work on educational games, UI animation, character animation, and more.
- You'll collaborate with multiple teams, including Design, Content, and Engineering.
- You'll work closely with our in-house Motion Designer and Illustrator.
- You are fluent in After Effects.
- You have a strong sense of timing.
- You have character animation experience.
- You have a diverse animation reel (motion graphics with an emphasis on design preferred).
- You understand the principles of clean design.
- You're comfortable collaborating on projects with multiple teams.
- You have strong storytelling skills.
- You know how to make complicated graphic concepts accessible and engaging.
- Experience in designing and animating graphics across multiple media
- Experience collaborating with mobile developers
- Experience working on games
- An interest in meditation
Benefits & perks
- Delicious and healthy chef-cooked meals
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
- 401(k) plan
- Commuter benefits
- Fully paid parental leave
- Competitive salary and equity
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion:
We believe that there is no single candidate profile that guarantees success in this role. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. If your background is similar to the job description and you think you can excel in this role, please apply and tell us about yourself and the impact you could make at Elevate Labs.
We also know that diversity of identity, experience, and thought leads to more creativity, better problem-solving, and wiser decisions, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to our team. We are an equal opportunity employer; committed to diversity and building an equitable and inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and experiences, and we're taking steps to meet that commitment. We highly encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including women, people of color, LGBTQIA+ folks, veterans, and people with disabilities.