Software Engineer in Test (Remote - North & South America)
Toronto, ON /
About Elevate Labs:
Elevate Labs is on a mission to improve people's minds.
Since 2014, we’ve helped millions of people around the world learn and improve concrete cognitive skills in reading, writing, and math through Elevate, our first mobile app which has won Apple's App of the Year Award. With Balance, our second mobile app and Google's Best App of 2021, we’ve personalized meditation to help more people reduce stress, improve sleep, sharpen focus, and much more.
Elevate Labs is a fully remote company of voracious learners and passionate doers, driven by our vision to help billions of people lead healthy, joyful, and productive lives.
We are seeking a Software Engineer in Test to join our team of mission-driven engineers. Your focus will be to design and execute automated and manual tests that ensure the product quality of our flagship app, Elevate, while acting as a customer advocate for the best user experience possible.
As a Software Engineer in Test on a small team, you will have a high degree of autonomy, ownership of your work, and the opportunity to influence product features. This is a foundational role with advancement opportunities as Elevate grows.
How you'll make an impact here:
- Build and own end-to-end automated tests
- Develop, modify, and execute manual test plans
- Reproduce and debug software issues
- Drive new levels of automation through greenfield design and development
- Help design features that can be tested in an automated fashion
- Set standards for testing excellence with a focus on customer experience
- Work cross-functionally to ensure a consistent customer experience
- Document and maintain test strategies, plans, and procedures
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive salary and equity across all geographies
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
- Distributed team flexibility, with a home-office stipend and co-working reimbursement
- Annual learning, wellness, and travel stipends
- Generous PTO, flexible sick leave, and paid parental leave
- M1 16" MacBook Pro
- Passion for delivering high-quality and efficient solutions that improve CX
- 2-5 years of professional QA engineering experience with a focus on automation
- Experience automating workflows with Github Actions, Teamcity, or similar technology
- Experience implementing CI/CD best practices, particularly around automated testing
- Ability to code effectively within the test automation domain (language agnostic)
Bonus experience (but not required):
- Experience testing mobile apps and their backends
- Proficiency in Python and/or shell scripting
- Experience with RDBMS (e.g. PostgreSQL)
- Experience with foundation technologies like Linux, AWS, Heroku, etc.
- DevOps experience
How We Hire
At Elevate Labs, we seek to build high-impact teams with high talent density, and we invest a lot of time and care into the hiring process. Your resume will be reviewed by a human, so we encourage you to keep resumes short (one page should do), double-check for grammar errors, and submit it as a PDF. Additionally, you can expect conversational-style interviews, some with a technical focus, and a coding test that will help us learn more about you.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion:
We believe that there is no single candidate profile that guarantees success in this role. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your background is similar to the job description and you think you can excel in this role, please apply and tell us about yourself and the impact you could make at Elevate Labs.
We also know that diversity of identity, experience, and thought leads to more creativity, better problem-solving, and wiser decisions, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to our team. We are an equal opportunity employer; committed to diversity and building an equitable and inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and experiences, and we're taking steps to meet that commitment. We highly encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including women, people of color, LGBTQIA+ folks, veterans, and people with disabilities.