Part-Time Senior HR Manager (Remote - United States)
Seattle, WA /
People Ops /
About Elevate Labs:
Elevate Labs is on a mission to improve people's minds.
Since 2014, we’ve helped millions of people around the world learn and improve concrete cognitive skills in reading, writing, and math through Elevate, our first mobile app which has won Apple's App of the Year Award. With Balance, our second mobile app, we’ve personalized meditation to help more people reduce stress, improve sleep, sharpen focus, and much more.
Elevate Labs is a fully distributed company of voracious learners and passionate doers, driven by our vision to help billions of people lead healthy, joyful, and productive lives.
If our mission resonates with you, please consider applying!
About the Role
The People team at Elevate Labs is a small team with a high impact on each person in our fully remote workforce. This team has a unique role to make sure that each person feels a sense of belonging within our organization, which means you’ll have the opportunity to be involved with leaders across the organization to develop efficient workflows and enhanced processes to improve the employee experience.
What you’ll do here
- You will provide clear communication both internally and with our external vendors/government agencies, provide expert advice to leadership on compliance matters, and ensure that all important legal/benefits/tax deadlines are met.
- Manage benefits, insurance policies, and our 401k
- Manage EDD cases, new-state tax set-up, and annual SF benefit reporting
- Manage and run our payroll and benefits system and run reports as needed for US-based team (we use Gusto)
- Manage and run our payroll and benefits reimbursements, and run reports as needed for our international team members (we use BambooHR and Deel)
- Help us maintain compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices
- Complete pre-employment background checks and conduct HR onboarding for new hires
- Review our policies and practices to maintain compliance and ensure compliance for all worked-in states
- Act as a liaison between the company and outside legal and professional resources to ensure that all employment policies follow current laws and regulations
- Act as liaison between the company and our tax/accounting consultants
- Act as a liaison with our immigration attorneys to make sure all Visa applications are being processed in a timely fashion
- You hold an HR certification (PHR, SPHR, or SHRM certification)
- You have a broad understanding of HR, compliance, and benefits
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You are detail-oriented and “sweat the small stuff”
- You have a propensity to notice things that need to be done and/or could be improved and take initiative to improve the situation
- You are a team player who is willing to pitch in and help the People Team run smoothly
- You are curious and adaptable to experimenting and trying new platforms, tools, policies, etc.
- Growth stage start-up experience
- You have a network to lean on for the best practices (double bonus for international and/or remote best practices)
- Sourcing and recruiting experience
Benefits & perks
- Fully remote environment
- 401(k) plan
- Competitive salary and equity
- $500 home office upgrade stipend
- Annual company meetup in a fun location
- Work & wellness stipend
- Co-working reimbursement
- Travel stipend
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion:
We believe that there is no single candidate profile that guarantees success in this role. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. If your background is similar to the job description and you think you can excel in this role, please apply and tell us about yourself and the impact you could make at Elevate Labs.
We also know that diversity of identity, experience, and thought leads to more creativity, better problem-solving, and wiser decisions, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to our team. We are an equal opportunity employer; committed to diversity and building an equitable and inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and experiences, and we're taking steps to meet that commitment. We highly encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including women, people of color, LGBTQIA+ folks, veterans, and people with disabilities.