Senior Software Engineer: Mobile
Elevate Labs is on a mission to improve people's minds.
The ability to write well and speak eloquently deeply affects your trajectory in life, regardless of profession. Unfortunately, many people leave high school and even college extremely unprepared in these areas. We developed our flagship mobile app, Elevate, to help bridge this gap, through 35 games (and more on the way) that teach concrete cognitive skills. Elevate has over 25 million downloads and has received numerous accolades, including Apple’s App of the Year award.
The Elevate app was just the beginning. We’ve recently launched Balance, a personalized meditation app, that helps people with their stress, sleep, focus, and much more. It’s a truly customized experience that makes meditation more accessible to millions of people.
Join us in creating the future of products that help people live healthy, joyful, and productive lives.
To support our growing products, we're looking for an experienced Mobile Engineer who has a passion for building great user experiences, pays meticulous attention to details, and believes in software that helps its users. We are an agile team looking to make our customers' lives better by building the future of cognitive training and proactive mental fitness.
In our collaborative environment, you’ll work across teams and projects to build amazing products that educate and delight our customers. You’ll contribute to a variety of tech stacks to deliver features, so a love of learning new technologies (or prior experience!) is appreciated. As a senior member of the team, you’ll have the opportunity to guide the direction of our products and our engineering team.
What you'll do here
- Lead complex projects by defining requirements, determining solutions, and delivering results
- Participate in the product development process, representing engineering by communicating technical constraints, opportunities, and solutions
- Work closely with our Product and Design teams to build great user experiences
- Own major features and components, iterating on them while maintaining product polish
- Mentor your fellow teammates to help them grow as engineers
- Set standards of engineering excellence across multiple apps
- You have 5+ years of professional software experience with a focus on mobile application development
- You have shipped at least one app (either iOS or Android)
- You are passionate about user interface and user experience
- You communicate clearly and participate in design reviews, code reviews, and pair programming
- Experience with C++
- Experience with building web-backed applications
- Experience with OpenGL
- Experience building complex CoreAnimation
- Interest in mental wellness and educational technology
- Interests in test-driven development and software development best practices
Benefits & perks
- Delicious and healthy chef-cooked meals
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
- 401(k) plan
- Commuter benefits
- Fully paid parental leave
- Competitive salary and equity
At Elevate Labs we value diversity and are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.