Senior People Operations Manager (Remote - North & South America)
Salt Lake City, UT /
People Ops /
About Elevate Labs:
Elevate Labs is on a mission to improve people's minds.
Since 2014, we’ve helped millions of people around the world learn and improve concrete cognitive skills in reading, writing, and math through Elevate, our first mobile app which has won Apple's App of the Year Award. With Balance, our second mobile app, we’ve personalized meditation to help more people reduce stress, improve sleep, sharpen focus, and much more.
Elevate Labs is a fully remote company of voracious learners and passionate doers, driven by our vision to help billions of people lead healthy, joyful, and productive lives.
If our mission resonates with you, please consider applying!
About the Role
The People team at Elevate Labs is a small team with a large impact on each person in our fully remote startup. We are responsible for partnering with managers and leadership to curate an engaging and positive candidate and employee experience. On the recruiting side, our goal is to ensure that each candidate feels equitably and thoughtfully cared for throughout their hiring process. On the employee side, we aim to cultivate a sense of belonging and enable folks to do the best work of their lives.
In this role you’ll be responsible for owning our HR and recruiting operations. It’s a broad set of responsibilities, so we are in search of a true HR generalist who is equally happy scheduling candidates as they are working behind the scenes keeping us compliant and paid on time. This role revolves around managing an extensive list of critical and time-sensitive tasks, so we’re looking for someone with a keen eye for detail who lives for precision. This role also regularly interacts with candidates, our employees, and our external partners, so excellent written and verbal communication, as well as a customer-service mindset are essential for success.
This is a full-time, fully remote position, so you can feel free to work anywhere in North or South America. This role will partner with and report to the Sr Employee Success Manager.
What you’ll do here
- Manage benefits, insurance policies, and our 401k
- Manage EDD cases, new-state tax set-up, and annual SF benefit reporting
- Manage and run our payroll and benefits system/reimbursements and run reports as needed (we use Gusto for our US team members and BambooHR and Deel for our international team members)
- Act as the liaison between the company and our external vendors, tax/accounting consultants, legal counsel, immigration attorneys, and government agencies to ensure accurate, thorough, and timely compliance with all federal, state, and local laws
- Provide expert advice on HR and compliance matters internally
- Assist with onboarding and offboarding tasks (background checks, laptop/swag shipping, HR onboarding session, etc) and various other ongoing People Ops tasks
- Coordinate and schedule intro calls, skills assessments, and panel interviews for candidates
- Screen resumes and source candidates for open roles
- You hold an HR certification (PHR, SPHR, or SHRM certification)
- You have a broad understanding of HR, compliance, and benefits (particularly for companies with fewer than 50 US-based employees)
- You have experience interacting with candidates, screening resumes, sourcing candidates, and managing an ATS (we use Lever)
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You are detail-oriented and “sweat the small stuff”
- You have a propensity to notice things that need to be done and/or could be improved and take initiative to improve the situation
- You strategically and creatively approach new challenges, undaunted by unknowns
- You are a team player who is willing to pitch in and help the People Team run smoothly
- You are curious and adaptable to experimenting and trying new platforms, tools, policies, etc.
- Growth stage start-up experience
- You have a network to lean on for best practices (double bonus for remote best practices)
- Technical sourcing experience
- Experience supporting international teams
Benefits & perks
- Fully remote environment
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
- 401(k) plan
- Fully paid parental leave
- Competitive salary and equity
- Home office upgrade stipend
- Annual learning stipend
- Annual company meetup in a fun location
- Work & wellness stipend
- Co-working reimbursement
- Travel stipend
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion:
We believe that there is no single candidate profile that guarantees success in this role. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. If your background is similar to the job description and you think you can excel in this role, please apply and tell us about yourself and the impact you could make at Elevate Labs.
We also know that diversity of identity, experience, and thought leads to more creativity, better problem-solving, and wiser decisions, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to our team. We are an equal opportunity employer; committed to diversity and building an equitable and inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and experiences, and we're taking steps to meet that commitment. We highly encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including women, people of color, LGBTQIA+ folks, veterans, and people with disabilities.