Senior Puzzle Editor
Elevate Labs is on a mission to improve people's minds.
Since 2014, we’ve helped millions of people around the world learn and improve concrete communication, memory, and math skills through Elevate, our first mobile app which has won Apple's App of the Year Award and been downloaded more than 50 million times. With Balance, our second mobile app and Google's Best App of 2021, we’ve personalized meditation and made it free for an entire year to help more people reduce stress, improve sleep, sharpen focus, and much more.
Elevate Labs is a fully remote company of voracious learners and passionate doers, driven by our vision to help billions of people lead healthy, joyful, and productive lives.
We're looking for a best-in-class Senior Crossword Editor to help us put a new twist on these classic puzzles. You'll be the sole owner of the entire crossword development process, from creation through release. And you'll have the chance to shape the long-term strategy for our approach to educational puzzles, with an eye toward making the content more approachable and leveraging the latest game technology.
This is a full-time, fully remote position anywhere in the Americas.
How You’ll Make an Impact Here:
- You'll create a daily 5x5 mini crossword—and explore larger grids, too—following and further developing an internal style guide
- You’ll create and maintain a comprehensive clue database, ensuring a UX free from repetitive content
- You’ll be an integral member of a smart, passionate, cross-functional team of collaborators
- You’ll have a direct influence on product and company decisions
- 4+ years of puzzle construction experience
- Puzzle portfolio that demonstrates a high degree of expertise, style, and creativity
- Proficiency in editing .puz files and working within the GSuite
- Best-in-class writing skills, including proficiency with AP and/or CMoS style rules
- Expert project management abilities
- A strong bias for action and a proactive, self-motivated work ethic
- Experience ideating and/or creating other types of puzzles
- Experience working on mobile apps
- Experience working in a fully remote work environment with teammates operating across various time zones
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
- Distributed team flexibility, with a home-office stipend and co-working reimbursement
- Annual learning, wellness, and travel stipends
- Generous PTO, flexible sick leave, and paid parental leave
How We Hire:
At Elevate Labs, we put a lot of time and care into who we hire. We seek to build high-impact teams with high talent density. You can expect conversational style interviews, including approximately 3 interview rounds and an anonymized skills review, where we get to learn more about you.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion:
We believe that there is no single candidate profile that guarantees success in this role. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your background is similar to the job description and you think you can excel in this role, please apply and tell us about yourself and the impact you could make at Elevate Labs.
We also know that diversity of identity, experience, and thought leads to more creativity, better problem-solving, and wiser decisions, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to our team. We are an equal opportunity employer; committed to diversity and building an equitable and inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and experiences, and we're taking steps to meet that commitment. We highly encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including women, people of color, LGBTQIA+ folks, veterans, and people with disabilities.