Business Development Rep
Sales – Sales /
If you are looking for an opportunity to learn essential, foundational Sales skills that drive Ellevation’s revenue efforts, we have a position for you! We are looking to add a driven, resilient, innovative Partner Development Associate that will be responsible for our outbound prospecting and lead generation activities. Working closely with the Sales and Marketing teams, you will prospect and qualify opportunities for our Partner Development Managers (new business sales team) to present Ellevation to potential partner school districts.
This role will include a combination of email and phone outreach required to reach monthly demo booking goals. In addition to your day-to-day prospecting responsibilities, you will also support our content generation efforts, become well-versed in how to talk about and use Ellevation’s products, and gain key insight into the Sales lifecycles at Ellevation.
*The ideal candidate must either reside on the West Coast or be willing to work West Coast hours*
The Partner Development Associate role will provide you with essential skills to succeed in Sales and master the ways in which we develop, position, and promote our Ellevation products.
Here’s what your first year with us looks like:
Within 1 month, you will:
- Onboard and learn about Ellevation and the work we do to improve outcomes for EL students.
- Learn your assigned prospecting territory and the key selling points relevant to an initial set of states.
- Develop fundamental email and phone outreach skills that drive prospecting efforts.
- Collaborate with Partner Development Managers to design a prospecting strategy for a set of states in key markets that aligns with quarterly and annual sales goals.
- Become familiar with our business systems and sales enablement tools that assist your monthly bookings goals.
- Book your first demos.
Within 3 months, you will:
- Own your territory strategy and make recommendations to Partner Development Managers for where you will concentrate your efforts.
- Deepen the knowledge of your prospecting territory and extend prospecting efforts to your entire set of states.
- Deepen your understanding of prospect needs and tied to Ellevation product value.
- Effectively handle objections, pivot conversations, and negotiate to book demos.
- Refine fundamental cold-calling and email marketing skills.
- Initiate a consistently high volume of daily outbound calls to drive consistent weekly lead generation.
- Develop proficiency in our business systems and sales enablement tools, and find creative ways to accelerate our prospecting efforts.
- Hit your monthly demo booking goals.
Within 6 months, you will:
- Become an expert on our lead-generation process at Ellevation.
- Master fundamental cold-calling and email marketing skills.
- Deepen Ellevation product knowledge.
- Proactively lead conversations about prospect feedback, territory findings, and lead-generation strategy.
- Collaborate effectively and independently with all members of the Revenue team to build a sales pipeline, and support efforts around brand recognition and product marketing.
- Hit and exceed your monthly demo booking goals.
Within 12 months, you will:
- Master the lead-generation process at Ellevation.
- Effectively and thoughtfully be able to demo the Ellevation products.
- Strategize outreach independently and identify a path for growth at Ellevation.
- Exceed monthly demo booking goals.
- 1-2 years of professional experience
- Preferred: 1 year of BDR/SDR experience at SAAS company
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills - you’re a talker and you can write well.
- Strong entrepreneurial attitude and resilient work ethic - you don’t give up and you find creative solutions to complex problems.
- Desire to develop your skills in Sales and building customer relationships with a passion for/Connection to Education - you are excited by driving better outcomes for EL students and educators.
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills - you can own your calendar and organize your time effectively in order to meet your goals.
- Familiarity with Salesforce and email automation clients is a plus - if you’re not familiar, we’ll teach you!
- Able to travel 2-4 times a year for the company and/or team offsites
At Ellevation, we develop world-class software to help educators serve the fastest growing population of K-12 students: English Learners (ELs). Ellevation helps school districts transform their Multilingual Learner programs and ensure all students can achieve their highest aspirations. Our product suite includes a best-in-class data and instructional planning platform, resources to build teacher capacity, and student-facing programs to teach academic language.
We are a fast-growing, mission-driven technology company partnering with over 1,200 school districts and more than 3 million current and former English Learners. Over the next five years, we plan to double the number of ELs we serve and drive measurable outcomes for students. Ellevation merged with Curriculum Associates in 2021 to accelerate impact for Multilingual Learners. Our company continues to operate independently and is well-capitalized to support our ambitious social and financial objectives.
In addition to our great benefits and competitive salaries, here are some things that make us unique:
+ Mission-driven organization where team members are empowered to make a significant impact
+ Opportunities to join DEIB-focused groups and support building a culture of belonging
+ Professional development and growth opportunities
+ Company and team offsites in various cities across the United States
+ Collaborative workspace in the heart of Boston - a stone's throw from many central T stops (Downtown Crossing, Government Center, and Aquarium). Free snacks, beverages, and local organic fruit provided
+ Remote and in-person engagement opportunities, including happy hours, themed events, and competitions + Remote and in-person wellness programming to support team’s mental and physical wellbeing
Learn more about our team in our Culture Deck.
Here at Ellevation, we champion diversity, inclusion, equity, and belonging. We strive to build a team that reflects the diverse communities we serve. We are committed to creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values a range of ideas and opinions.
We believe in building a culture where productivity can flourish, one that is empathetic, respectful, and inclusive. We are proud to have been recognized in prior years as “Best Tech Workplace for Diversity” by the Timmy Awards for investing in training around inclusive behaviors, microaggressions, unconscious bias, and fostering a culture of continuous learning and feedback across the company. We are encouraged by our progress, but there’s more work to be done.
Additional Information: Ellevation operates under Curriculum Associates, LLC, an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.
Information that you provide when applying for employment with Curriculum Associates, LLC may be subject to the California Privacy Rights Act. Click here for more information about our data-collection practices and your rights related to that data.