Campus Engagement Manager (Virginia)
Partner Success – School Engagement /
Role Location: Virginia
Though this position is remote, the candidate selected must be located within the regions stated above in order to easily travel to partner sites for training sessions.
We are excited to expand our Campus Engagement team within the Partner Success & Services organization which will be responsible for engaging directly with campuses to ensure adoption and usage of our instructional products. This role will be focused in the short term on testing, iterating, and learning to determine best practices for engaging directly with campuses implementing our instructional products (Ellevation Strategies and Ellevation Math). As one of our first Campus Engagement Managers, you will be responsible for developing and testing various campus-level implementation and engagement approaches, documenting and analyzing their effectiveness in driving business goals, and ultimately putting forward a recommendation on how Ellevation should support campuses with our instructional products to support us in meeting our goals. It is critical for this role to work collaboratively with our Partner Success Team, Professional Services Team, Account Management, and our instructional cross-functional product teams.
To be successful in this role, you will need to have a passion for creating things from scratch (Innovative), be energized by iterating and learning (Adaptive), and be driven by finding solutions that align with both partner needs and business goals (Business savvy). Creative, solution-oriented, collaborative, and authentic leaders interested in making a lasting impact on English Learners are encouraged to apply!
You will be an expert in our instructional products and best practices, consulting directly with campus leaders and teachers on how best to leverage Ellevation in their school and classroom. This requires a combination of organizational skills, relationship management, service orientation, and entrepreneurship. Just as important, we are looking for someone who wants to be in a scaling organization, has tremendous communication skills, is motivated, proactive, and is a self-starter.
In this role, you will:
- Test, iterate and learn, how Ellevation should support campuses in the implementation of our instructional products to drive long term adoption and ultimately impact student outcomes
- Develop recommendations for how Ellevation should help campuses (administration and teachers) with our instructional products going forward
- Serve as the primary contact and act as the key relationship manager for campuses ensuring campus implementation health and ongoing adoption and engagement
- Identify risks that may impact the success of Ellevation within campuses and proactively determine mitigating actions necessary to resolve issues
- Work collaboratively with the Ellevation Math cross-functional team (and in the future possibly Strategies) as well as PSO and Revenue leadership to gather input, ensure alignment, and put forward recommendations for how we will support at the campus level
- Surface new ideas and serve as a thought leader for Ellevation, exemplifying the company’s mission-driven approach and commitment to creating better classrooms for students and teachers
- Train teachers on how to use our products and make connections to their instructional pacing or curriculum
- Monitor the impact of usage and reflect with partners on how to improve implementation.
- Ideally 5+ years of experience in supporting districts or campuses in a Success, Implementation, or Professional Development role either at a vendor or within a District
- Experience with teaching Mathematics, coaching teachers of Mathematics, or providing Mathematics professional development (a plus)
- Experience and knowledge of the ELL landscape and instructional practices
- Strong leadership, analytical and organizational skills
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills with audiences of all levels
- Driven, self-motivated, enthusiastic, and with a “can-do” attitude
- Ability to produce results in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment
- Eagerness to tackle complex partner challenges and a demonstrated ability to break things down into concise, actionable steps for both internal stakeholders and our end-users
- Ability to manage, monitor, evaluate, and ensure the integrity of program implementations
- Strong listening and questioning skills to gain a strategic understanding of partner needs and challenges
- Travel requirements: Between 60-80% of the time, willingness to travel within designated territory, as well as to company meetings several times throughout the year (once safe to do so)
- Passion for driving change in education.
Within 1 month, you will:
- Onboard and learn about Ellevation and the work we do to improve outcomes for EL students
- Become familiar with our instructional products and our customer landscape
- Understand the Partner Success Organization (PSO) approach and develop how this team works within the PSO Department and in close collaboration with the Revenue teams
- Shadow Customer Success meetings/calls (i.e., Kickoff, Design, Planning, etc.), as well as online training on all of Ellevation’s products
- Create a structure within which you will be able to test, learn, iterate, and share out the work of the team with key stakeholders
- Develop initial testable hypotheses to learn best practices for campus-level engagement and usage.
Within 3 months, you will:
- Take on your first new campus implementation(s) and begin creating the structure to manage a caseload of partners in this capacity
- Begin conducting numerous tests to prove out 1- 3 micro hypotheses
- Build relationships with both the Account Managers and Partner Success Managers you work closely with to learn more about your partners
- Utilize ChurnZero better to understand patterns of usage, engagement, satisfaction to inform additional testable hypotheses
- Work closely with PSO and Marketing to determine additional resources needed, including new offerings and suggesting webinars, links to RC articles, videos, working sessions, etc.
- Collaborate with Business Operations Analysts to build dashboards and critical analyses to determine impact and drive next steps.
Within 6 months, you will:
- Continue to grow your knowledge and skills and define what success is as a Campus Engagement Manager
- Successfully prove out at least one macro hypothesis and additional micro hypotheses to lay the groundwork for the codification of approach
- Facilitate the implementation of Ellevation’s instructional products for multiple campuses simultaneously
- Deepen your ability to analyze data to monitor campus health, and develop confidence in determining which mitigating saving actions and plays to apply for which partners promptly
- Collaborate with other PSMs and other internal teams (Product Support, Professional Services, Product Management, etc.) to continually refine our approach to engaging and supporting our partnering district campuses
- In collaboration with Account Management, engage with campus administrators in partnering campuses to conduct campus reviews and reflection meetings to ensure the campus. Subsequently, districts are set up for expansions and renewals.
Within 12 months, you will:
- Develop and codify the approach to successfully onboard additional campuses resulting in high levels of campus usage and engagement while also managing campus expectations
- Listen and learn from partners on instructional challenges and ideate how the product can best meet campus needs
- Act as a subject matter expert for our Product Education team related to the development of resources, and offer suggestions and ideas to improve our resources for our instructional products
- Surface learnings/observations/feedback from our district partners to Ellevation’s Product and Engineering Teams to help inform future product development efforts and participate in dogfooding and other feedback exercises with the Product team.
At Ellevation, we develop world-class software to help school districts and educators support the fastest growing population of K-12 students: English Language Learners (ELLs). Ellevation helps school districts transform their EL programs and ensure all students can achieve their highest aspirations with a best-in-class data and instructional planning platform, resources to build teacher capacity, and student-facing programs to teach academic language.
We are a fast-growing, mission-driven technology company, partnering with over 800 public school districts all across the country. We are well-capitalized, have a strong and growing team, and are continuously focused on how to build the best organization so that we can achieve our ambitious social and financial objectives.
In addition to our great benefit plans and competitive salaries, here are some other perks that make us unique:
+ Ability to make a significant impact in the education industry
+ Seamless technology integrations so you're always connected (Zoom + Slack)
+ All-company offsites in Boston, twice a year!
+ Team & Division offsites
+ Virtual happy hours
+ Opportunity to join an open and collaborative work environment!
Learn more about our team in our Culture Deck.
Here at Ellevation, we champion diversity, inclusion, equity, and belonging. We strive to build a team that reflects the diverse communities we serve. We’re an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values a range of ideas and opinions. We embrace all types of differences in the development of our organization. We are proud to have been recognized in prior years as “Best Tech Workplace for Diversity” from the Timmy Awards for investing in trainings around inclusive behaviors, microaggressions, unconscious bias, and fostering a culture of sharing educational resources across the company. We are encouraged by our progress, but there’s more work to be done.